What's new

How to

Soxty7flh

Reaction score
I am working on the road for awhile. Do nothave wifi, and already into my first 10mb AFTER my 20 on my plan (AT&T). Is there a way can download movies and save 'em on my phone WHILE I am in a wifi zone? From what know, I cannot do like Frostwire from my iPhone? I do have Netflix. Like it, I am just looking at ways to tri my data usage. Dan

I am working on the road for awhile. Do nothave wifi, and already into my first 10mb AFTER my 20 on my plan (AT&T). Is there a way can download movies and save 'em on my phone WHILE I am in a wifi zone? From what know, I cannot do like Frostwire from my iPhone? I do have Netflix. Like it, I am just looking at ways to tri my data usage. Dan

Well your not doing too bad if your just in by 10mb. You havetoo have a pc to save movies tho.....

I am bad with that mb lingo! I guess I should've said this...my plan has 2048 mb. After I exceed that, they add on ( and bill me'), an additional 1000mb
And would continue this in those increments. I have already used ALL of my 2048, and am over halfway through the first addition?
I have only. Watched 2/3 of (1) movie, surf the net a few hors each night. Does this sound high? Am I keeping something OPEN that drains it ya think?

Well your not doing too bad if your just in by 10mb. You havetoo have a pc to save movies tho.....

I have a PC and would also really love to know how to save some movies, or 30 min cartoons (from DVD or downloaded) to my iphone. I am taking a 3.5 hr flight with my 3yr old and would love to have some stuff on my phone so I don't have to bring a portable DVD player. I am guessing while in flight I won't have 3G or wifi to stream.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

VLC will play most formats on the iphone no problem. You will need a PC to sync the videos first.

I don't know of a way to do it from the phone directly except youtube...

does the iphone have to be jail broken in order to put any kind of video on it?

I bough t the "zoomit". I initially bought it so I could tranfer from my iphone pics to an sd so I can install them on a digital frame, but I bet you could load movies too! I also bought an inexspensive USB to SD card raeder 4 bucks. I don't have an SD on my macs..