What's new

How to View PDF files on Iphone 4

c_mckevitt

Reaction score
so ive got a question, im looking to view a PDF file on the iphone.
ive downloaded the Adobe Reader app from the store will this help me at all? or apps can i buy or get for free which will allow me to do this
the PDF file which i want to view on the iphone is stored on my computer so how do i get the PFD file onto my iphone?
Help Please. Thanks

c_mckevitt said:
so ive got a question, im looking to view a PDF file on the iphone.
ive downloaded the Adobe Reader app from the store will this help me at all? or apps can i buy or get for free which will allow me to do this
the PDF file which i want to view on the iphone is stored on my computer so how do i get the PFD file onto my iphone?
Help Please. Thanks

You can use ibooks to view it. You can either email it to yourself or sync it over trough iTunes.

You can use ibooks to view it. You can either email it to yourself or sync it over trough iTunes.

thanks for the quick reply, ive download that app but how do i get the file from my computer onto it? i dont see where i can sync it ?

c_mckevitt said:
thanks for the quick reply, ive download that app but how do i get the file from my computer onto it? i dont see where i can sync it ?

Drag it into the phone straight from the location

iBooks: Although this app was designed to purchase and read electronic books, it also handles PDF files.

PROS: (1) Very fast. I have yet to see a faster way to view a PDF file on the iPhone. Pages render very quickly. (2) You can store multiple PDF files in the app so that they are there when you want to look at something in the future. (3) You can adjust the iPhone brightness while you are viewing a file, without having to go to the Settings app. (4) If the PDF is searchable, you can search for words, which are highlighted in yellow and easy to see. (5) Tap a button to see miniature versions of 9 pages of the document at once, making it easy to get an overview of the document and jump to a specific page. (6) Slide your finger across the bottom of the screen to quickly page through the document, making it easy to jump to a specific page. (7) You can view the PDF full screen with no distracting and space-hogging menu bars.

CONS: (1) No folders, so all of your PDF files just go in a big long list. (2) No way to change the title of the PDF to something that makes more sense to you. (3) No way to e-mail the PDF file to someone else. The app can receive files, but cannot send them.

CONS: (1) No folders, so all of your PDF files just go in a big long list. (2) No way to change the title of the PDF to something that makes more sense to you. (3) No way to e-mail the PDF file to someone else. The app can receive files, but cannot send them.

Wrong. PDF's appear on the iBooks shelf and you can email and print them

why not use 'Adobe Reader' free app from app store... just check it. it's special app for PDF viewer and edit as well.. i hope u will love it !! :)