What's new

How to use iPhone 6 without wifi?

Everyday

Reaction score
So, let's admit there is an iPhone 6 running iOS 10.3.2 and it's owner doesn't exist anymore. The phone is working but is always offline, because it is iCloud locked. Everything is working, except internet and simcard. Music, camera, all good. If you would turn on WiFi, it will be locked, asking for the password.
So, my question is - what can be done to remove the owner from the phone while in offline mode? Or how to make it not connect to iCloud server if online? Will a backup from an activated iPhone 6 restored on this phone work? What version of iOS is OK to do this?

So, let's admit there is an iPhone 6 running iOS 10.3.2 and it's owner doesn't exist anymore. The phone is working but is always offline, because it is iCloud locked. Everything is working, except internet and simcard. Music, camera, all good. If you would turn on WiFi, it will be locked, asking for the password.
So, my question is - what can be done to remove the owner from the phone while in offline mode? Or how to make it not connect to iCloud server if online? Will a backup from an activated iPhone 6 restored on this phone work? What version of iOS is OK to do this?
What you want is not possible. The only way to do it requires the Apple ID and password of the original owner and a connection to to Apple servers. The iCloud Activation Lock for this phone is on those servers and can’t be removed by any means other than what I mentioned earlier in my post.

What you want is not possible. The only way to do it requires the Apple ID and password of the original owner and a connection to to Apple servers. The iCloud Activation Lock for this phone is on those servers and can’t be removed by any means other than what I mentioned earlier in my post.
So it is like an iPod , with music and camera. Nothing more, right?

So it is like an iPod , with music and camera. Nothing more, right?
It's worse than that. you can't add any content to that iPhone, including updating apps, music, books, or anything else. You'll also not be able to export any photos taken with the camera.