What's new

How to upload/download pics from my laptop to iPhone?

jack66

Reaction score
I have no problem downloading pics off iPhone 8+ to my laptop, BUT still can't figure out how to upload pics from my laptop to iPhone??? iTunes don't help with that at all. I like to download pics to my laptop, select the ones I like, then work them over with Adobe CS6, then upload to iPhone. Can someone tell me step by step how to do this, a link maybe? I'm not fond of iTunes and can't see how to do it with that and I hate every time I want to do something I have to enter a verification code sent to my iPhone after entering the ID & Password.

I do NOT want to use iTunes or iCloud. I simply want to download photos from the computer to iPhone the same way I upload from iPhone to computer---> I plug iPhone into cable that is hooked up to computer and the iPhone app shows up in PC folder and I click on it and then down load from there. Simple, not jumping through hoops using iTunes or iCloud.

This is my first iPhone coming from 20 years of using Android Samsung phones... it's frustrating.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
One app I've used a little is called "Simple Transfer" and you can find it on the iOS App Store for iPhone and iPad:

‎Simple Transfer - Photo+Video

It will only work if your PC and iPhone are connected to the same network, and on starting the app, it will ask you to browse to the IP address of your mobile device from where you can upload and download images. There are limitations to the free version of the app, but you can upgrade to the full version for £4.99. Seems to work quite well, and no need for iTunes which is always a bonus!!

Thank you, I will try that one. I've been using email to upload my pics from laptop to iPhone. Few more steps than I like.

My picture transfer vehicle of choice is the DropBox app. I use it to move photos and files between my Windows desktop, my iPad, and my iPhone. It is pretty universal. Once placed in DropBox, the picture is automatically copied to all my devices. From the DropBox app on my device, it is straightforward to Export the photos to the Photos app.

I have no problem downloading pics off iPhone 8+ to my laptop, BUT still can't figure out how to upload pics from my laptop to iPhone??? iTunes don't help with that at all. I like to download pics to my laptop, select the ones I like, then work them over with Adobe CS6, then upload to iPhone. Can someone tell me step by step how to do this, a link maybe? I'm not fond of iTunes and can't see how to do it with that and I hate every time I want to do something I have to enter a verification code sent to my iPhone after entering the ID & Password.

I do NOT want to use iTunes or iCloud. I simply want to download photos from the computer to iPhone the same way I upload from iPhone to computer---> I plug iPhone into cable that is hooked up to computer and the iPhone app shows up in PC folder and I click on it and then down load from there. Simple, not jumping through hoops using iTunes or iCloud.

This is my first iPhone coming from 20 years of using Android Samsung phones... it's frustrating.

Thanks in Advance

Try this. Full version is $5 and lite version is free.

Works perfectly.
‎Remote File Manager