What's new

How To UNTETHER JAILBREAK iOS 5.0.1 iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad 1

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little FYI, The link you supplied doesn't take you to the latest version of redsn0w.... I had to use google to find it.

The video says to power off the phone to put it in DFU mode. That is not a necessary step and it works with the power on.

lennie paz said:
The video says to power off the phone to put it in DFU mode. That is not a necessary step and it works with the power on.

Cydia was working but nothing will now load My phone still asks for reboot and then goes into dfu again

This will be my first jailbreak. Could someone confirm that it worked for them also?

Can someone post a step by step process for whats needed to jailbrake the ip 4. as in what software is needed on pc ( as in chrome etc..) Post it for us non techno types. Yes I am ignorant when it comes to this but I want to take advantage of the cool things my phone can do. So..... Baby steps please. LOL !!!!!

It works for me. Just download redsn0w_win_0.9.10b1 for Windows or the other Mac version then extract/run the app. Then follow the instructions, install Cydia and done.