What's new

How to unlock a locked screen?

sallybaldwin

Reaction score
Ooops! What'd I do?
And how do I get out of this constant vertical mode?
I need landscape!
The Apple forums helped me name the problem, but the answers don't seem applicable to the iPhone 6.
Can somebody help me please?
Sally

I may be wrong, but I don't believe the 6 will do horizontal. I think only the 6 plus can.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Landscape mode is only an option in apps that support it on the iPhone 6, the home screen doesn't support landscape on the 6. The 6+ supports landscape everywhere.

@ardchoille , good answer; I should have been a bit more specific in my reply. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Ooops! What'd I do?
And how do I get out of this constant vertical mode?
I need landscape!
The Apple forums helped me name the problem, but the answers don't seem applicable to the iPhone 6.
Can somebody help me please?
Sally
i thought at first you had inadvertently locked the orientation lock in the Control Center but reading your comment again makes me think you just don't like the Portrait mode as your default for most apps and operations on your phone. The 6 + will allow more things to go landscape but developers control which apps will do that and even Apple does not do it for all native apps etc. If you can not get something like Safari to go landscape, check the orientation lock (rt. end of top line of Control Center). If that's not it, then contact the developers of the app with your input.