What's new

How to transfer pictures from iPhone 4S to computer for best quality?

iPhone4SNoob

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It's no doubt that the iPhone 4S takes great crisp pictures, but it seems that when I transfer the pictures via email to my computer...its never as sharp as it appears from the actual screen view from the device. I've seen some people post pictures they've taken from there 4S on the computer and it looks just as crisp as if I were viewing it from the screen.

Is there any certain way I should be transferring the pictures onto the computer to retain the best original image quality?

I use the Photo Transfer App from the app store. Works great.

I only use Dropbox when transferring photos... but you may also try iLoader...

I upload all of my iPhone pictures to iPhoto with the USB connector cord and the come out as clear as they are on my iPhone :)

I upload all of my iPhone pictures to iPhoto with the USB connector cord and the come out as clear as they are on my iPhone :)

This is the easiest no brainer method.if you want to pick and choose from within Windows Explorer and drag/drop. It's difficult to do that in iTunes....at least for me. The two apps mentioned about are great however I think they use wireless and are much slower.

Make sure you have your phone set to take pictures in the highest resolution too.

I just activated my iCloud and my iMessage doesn't seem to work anymore.