What's new

How to transfer my verizon iPhone contact to Mac

sinaban

Reaction score
I upgraded to leopard last night and had to format my hard drive. I lost all my contacts on my mac, but have them on the verizon iPhone. How can I get the iPhone to transfer them to my Mac?
Hope to get answers as soon as possible.

I do not own a mac so never had to do it... but i will try to do it this way, it might or might now work....

I will sync the contacts to the google server (by syncing the contacts when setting up Gmail)[keep an eye for the notifications and select 'merge contacts' when necessary] and then go to google mail on my mac and export the contacts to a csv file (depending on which program you want to use for) and import it as necessary ... Hopefully that helps...

I have snow leopard, and I just plug my phone in and in iTunes click your device, click the Info tab, check sync address book contacts.

I have a mobile me account but I previously used Google to sync with a xp machine (tho Google messed up some of my contacts every now and then, I have over 700, mostly work related)

I think it should be that simple..
Let us know how goes

Last edited:
When you plug your iPhone into iTunes go to the info tab and then make sure you have sync contacts checked and then from the drop down box select one of the programs listed and then click apply. You should then be able to open the program you selected in the drop down box and your contacts should be there.
Besides what said above, a same article about how to transfer or copy contacts from iPhone to Mac, which can help you transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac for backup.
hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!

Last edited:
The best way to get your contacts back is with MobileMe. I believe you can set up an account for free now or just weight till IOS 5 and ICloud will do it.