What's new

How to transfer movies from PC to iPhone 5

Tatletz

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm glad to be in this forum and thank you for having me. Up until recently I was enjoying an old Nokia for just basic txt and call. All members of the family are equipped with iPhone 4S, so I decided to give myself a treat/X-mas present and 3 days ago I become a proud owner of iPhone 5. All is good so far(I'm still on the learning curve) practising with settings and stuff. Yesterday I faced a problem when I decided to transfer a few of our family movies to the phone so I can show them to my friends at work. I also have a large collection of movies on a hard drive mostly in HD and Full HD. While there were no problems to put songs and photos, for some reason iTunes stubbornly refused to do the job for the movies. I did some search on the net and it appeared that I was one of the many having similar issue. There were a few suggestions to use a third party video converters as to make these movies appropriate for iPhone. I have Nero 12 installed which has Nero Recode and there is a special iPhone format but still no success. I've tried import file/folder in iTunes but to no avail. I have also AVS Video Converter which also has an iPhone profile and yet no way that iTunes will recognise it. From what I read firs one must import the movie into iTunes library and the syncs it with the phone. I have Dell desktop with Windows 8 Pro x64 installed. As I really enjoy to watch movies "on the go", I will be sincerely grateful to any advice that will help me. Thank you all!

Hi everyone, I'm glad to be in this forum and thank you for having me. Up until recently I was enjoying an old Nokia for just basic txt and call. All members of the family are equipped with iPhone 4S, so I decided to give myself a treat/X-mas present and 3 days ago I become a proud owner of iPhone 5. All is good so far(I'm still on the learning curve) practising with settings and stuff. Yesterday I faced a problem when I decided to transfer a few of our family movies to the phone so I can show them to my friends at work. I also have a large collection of movies on a hard drive mostly in HD and Full HD. While there were no problems to put songs and photos, for some reason iTunes stubbornly refused to do the job for the movies. I did some search on the net and it appeared that I was one of the many having similar issue. There were a few suggestions to use a third party video converters as to make these movies appropriate for iPhone. I have Nero 12 installed which has Nero Recode and there is a special iPhone format but still no success. I've tried import file/folder in iTunes but to no avail. I have also AVS Video Converter which also has an iPhone profile and yet no way that iTunes will recognise it. From what I read firs one must import the movie into iTunes library and the syncs it with the phone. I have Dell desktop with Windows 8 Pro x64 installed. As I really enjoy to watch movies "on the go", I will be sincerely grateful to any advice that will help me. Thank you all!

Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.
iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Thank you Poisonivy, much appreciated :)

One thing I always do to transfer file is bluetooth. I bought a bluetooth receiver for my computer off ebay and haven't looked back :)

AntonyWhite said:
One thing I always do to transfer file is bluetooth. I bought a bluetooth receiver for my computer off ebay and haven't looked back :)

Sounds good 😊