What's new

How to transfer contacts file

taydui

Reaction score
I have backed up my contacts on an iphone 4 using iFunbox ( files in .vcf and .csv format ) . How do I transfer it to another iphone 4 please ?

If you want transfer contacts from one iPhone to another iPhone, then you can do some steps.
Here is the steps:

Step 1: Connect the old iPhone to computer.

Step 2: Backup all contacts.

a. Click Contacts on the left panel.
b. Check contacts you want to backup and click "Backup All Contacts" button at the bottom of the interface.

Step 3: Connect the new iPhone to computer.

Step 4: Restore contacts.

a. Choose a backup file at the Backup Files area.
b. Click "Restore all Contacts to Device" button at the bottom of the interface.

Then you can check contacts on target iPhone. Hope it is done.

taydui said:
I have backed up my contacts on an iphone 4 using iFunbox ( files in .vcf and .csv format ) . How do I transfer it to another iphone 4 please ?

All you have to to us make sure Contacts re not syncing with anything.

THEN, go to Settings> iCloud> Toggle Contacts on.

On the other iPhone 4, just enable iCloud account you use on the first iPhone.

BAM.... All your contacts are there. As simple as tapping a toggle button.

Should be done on both phones when connected to wifi.

All you have to to us make sure Contacts re not syncing with anything.

THEN, go to Settings> iCloud> Toggle Contacts on.

On the other iPhone 4, just enable iCloud account you use on the first iPhone.

BAM.... All your contacts are there. As simple as tapping a toggle button.

Should be done on both phones when connected to wifi.

Is this method safe for a jailbroken iphone 4 ? I want to transfer contacts from non JB iphone 4 to a jailbroken iPhone 4 . I thought of doing this but afraid when doing the back up contacts to a JB unit it would wipe out the JB

taydui said:
Is this method safe for a jailbroken iphone 4 ? I want to transfer contacts from non JB iphone 4 to a jailbroken iPhone 4 . I thought of doing this but afraid when doing the back up contacts to a JB unit it would wipe out the JB

Uugh. Has nothing I do with being jailbroken. iCloud works fine.

It would make literally no difference at all.

I've backed up data to iCloud (phone A) but on (phone B) which I wanted to restore to , when I opened iCloud I did not see an option to restore but only back up ? I'm doing this via WiFi on the phone not through iTunes by the way.

taydui said:
I've backed up data to iCloud (phone A) but on (phone B) which I wanted to restore to , when I opened iCloud I did not see an option to restore but only back up ? I'm doing this via WiFi on the phone not through iTunes by the way.

You don't have to restore or backup "anything" at all. All you have to do is make sure your iCloud account is signed in on the device. That is it.

If you chose to "Use iCloud" on the phone when you set it up...then that is all you need to do. Literally nothing else is to be done. As I said...as simple as tapping a toggle. That is it. Once you choose "Use iCloud" when you setup the device with your Apple ID then your contacts get restored to the phone as soon as it gets connected to wifi. There are no further steps. It is automatic.