What's new

How to transfer contact pictures from Droid X to iPhone 5?

A manual way of exporting contats and contact pics from your droid to your new iphone would be to export the droid contacts to vCard files to your SD card. If you already see the contact pics on your droid, the vCard files exported should also contain the pics (check that). Here is how to exprort your droid contacts to the SD card in vCard:

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...oid-x---import-/-export-contacts-from-sd-card

Once you have the contacts on your SD card you can transfer the contacts to a computer.

From your computer, you can import your droid vCard contacts to your iphone 5 via something like the tool below:

Manage your iPhone address book with CopyTrans Contacts | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

Or you can do it like I said in my first reply to the OP which is the simplest and easiest way. Worked for me and the OP. Skull, he just has some issues with Google or something.;)

Actually I believe I found the issue. Looks like it was due to my data and how old it is without a single update. IE I setup all my contacts under Android 2.0 (OG Droid Feb 2010) and literally haven't changed a single one of the entries with pictures or ringtones since then. So I tried the following last night.

Turned off Google Contacts on my iPhone and allowed it to purge the contacts.
Used my Droid X (Android 2.3.4) and exported them to the SD.
Reimported back to the Droid X.
Reset the pictures and custom ringtones.
Allowed them to resync to my Google account.
Turned on Google Contacts on my iPhone.
Contacts and pictures came over, but custom ringtones did not. Guess I can live with that.

At least now my data (A whopping 60 contacts) is "cleaner" and I have less to setup in the future when I upgrade my iPhone next time.

See? You can teach an old dog a new trick. :p

If you are on Android, then all you have to do is simply create your Google account on the iPhone when you receive it and set the account up to sync your contacts. You should get your contacts pushed to the iPhone in under two minutes unless you have a really slow connection.
But if you think the way above is too complicated, maybe you can try some transfer tools like Mobile Transfer. With the help of this program, what you need to do just connect both of your phone to the PC and then transfer all you contacts and pictures just by a click.
Good Luck.;)