What's new

How to take a Christmas photo

NSquirrel

Reaction score
Christmas lunch/ dinner approaches and each year I take a photo of all present - usually much to the annoyance of my wife as the turkey will be getting cold while I take the photo.

So I thought this year, with my iPhone 8, what better than to use Siri. BUT while Siri will launch the camera app, it appears that it will not take a photo. I have found an app called ‘Voice Enabled...’ in the app store, which then shows as Selfie when installed but this seems to miss-trigger at times. So I wondered if anyone else has a simple or better solution?

(-And not a selfie stick, please! I saw enough of these in Rome a few weeks ago to last a lifetime. Ancient Roman soldiers used to march with spears - e.g. a pilum or hasta. Now people ‘parade’ with selfie sticks Then there is the ‘enemy’ rapidly approaching from all directions clutching bundles of the things. Wonderful city, though.)

In the meantime, a merry Christmas or seasons greetings, as appropriate, and a happy New Year to you all.

To answer my own question, but the solution may be of interest to others, I found a free app called ‘Hey Camera’, by Chattur LLC, which does the job admirably.

I can launch it with Siri, and the app accepts commands like ‘video’ and ‘stop’ to start and stop video; ‘photo’ to take photo and ‘reverse’ to change from forward to reverse. Incidently, the command words can be set or changed to your own choice. Out of interest I set the command to ‘take a photo’ and it would not trigger with anything but my phrase.

Btw, I have nothing to do with the app!

You just need to make some google, there are a lot of Christmas Photography tips, So use them to take a picture that you'll actually want to share.