What's new

How to root Iphone 4

iCrank said:
Wow, that's how I am. Weird. The only tweaks I have now is bitesms, winter board, my3g and password pilot. I also have contact under my purchases but uninstalled because it was conflicting with my tune in pro app

I have all those except password pilot lol. It's a small world after all!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Yeah always messing with them got old an I didnt like messing with it they always slowed down my phone

csdalton said:
Yeah always messing with them got old an I didnt like messing with it they always slowed down my phone

I keep my tweaks to a very low minimum (3-5 app/tweaks, one theme). So I never noticed a speed decrease.

darkstar2007 said:
I keep my tweaks to a very low minimum (3-5 app/tweaks, one theme). So I never noticed a speed decrease.

That's a good idea

Ok I've been reading everyones posts. I plugged my iPhone into iTunes to back everything up and it's asking me to upgrade to 4.2.10? I'm running 4.2.8.

Kaylajo14 said:
Ok I've been reading everyones posts. I plugged my iPhone into iTunes to back everything up and it's asking me to upgrade to 4.2.10? I'm running 4.2.8.

Don't do it If you want to jailbreak!!!! There isn't an untethered jailbreak for 4.2.10!!!

Kaylajo14 said:
Ok so I went to jailbreakme.com and it had me install Cydia. I installed it, now what?

Congrats your jailbroken :D!
That's all there was to it!!

Last edited:
darkstar2007 said:
Congrats your jailbroken :D!

Lol thanks for your help!! So is there any good apps that you can recommend to me? That I can start off with so I font screw anything up? Btw that was extremely easy. When I thought of jailbreaking, I was like wow this Is going to be difficult!

Kaylajo14 said:
Lol thanks for your help!! So is there any good apps that you can recommend to me? That I can start off with so I font screw anything up? Btw that was extremely easy. When I thought of jailbreaking, I was like wow this Is going to be difficult!

It's no where near as hard as it sounds :D! I would recommend:

BiteSMS
Winterboard
SBsettings
My3G

These are my favorites. They're all safe to download :D!

darkstar2007 said:
It's no where near as hard as it sounds :D! I would recommend:

BiteSMS
Winterboard
SBsettings
My3G

These are my favorites. They're all safe to download :D!

Ok. So how do I know if its going to charge me for any of those apps? Because it doesn't say the price or if it's free.

Kaylajo14 said:
Ok. So how do I know if its going to charge me for any of those apps? Because it doesn't say the price or if it's free.

Every apps description that's paid is written in blue. Free is black. Although some apps come with a free trial which will make them show up in black or blue. Here's some screenshots

Kaylajo14 said:

All the apps mentioned are free except my3g