What's new

How to root Iphone 4

iCrank said:
The original poster is running 4.2.8 and jailbreakme.com would work on 4.2.8

Right I'm just saying basically that if you update you can't use that sorry didn't clarify that

Like the games that are available for download in the original app store are they still going to be available in Cydia? Are there free themes and tweaks available in Cydia?

Like the games that are available for download in the original app store are they still going to be available in Cydia? Are there free themes and tweaks available in Cydia?

Cydia is it's own store, within it you have free and paid app/tweaks. You still have the apple app store as well.

Kaylajo14 said:

Yes there are different things MANY! things but it's hard and it takes time to look through everything but somethings to cost money and if you use different sources than you can get almost everything free on there just make sure you get the right sources cause some of them on Cydia can make your iPhone or iPod crash so much you'll have to rejailbreak it so make sure it is a signed package before downloading anything

Kaylajo14 said:

Yes there are different things MANY! things but it's hard and it takes time to look through everything but somethings to cost money and if you use different sources than you can get almost everything free on there just make sure you get the right sources cause some of them on Cydia can make your iPhone or iPod crash so much you'll have to rejailbreak it so make sure it is a signed package before downloading anything

You should take the time out and read the forum rules. Discussing ways to get things free are forbidden on this forum, but other than that you're right

iCrank said:
You should take the time out and read the forum rules. Discussing ways to get things free are forbidden on this forum, but other than that you're right

Oh sorry I tried but it wasn't loading but thanks for the tip

Sorry I was just curious if there were some available. There's a ton of free apps in the original app store. I wasn't asking how to get things for free that weren't. Thank you for the information though. I'm kind of scared to download the wrong apps in Cydia. I'd hate to have to re jailbreak it.

Kaylajo14 said:
Sorry I was just curious if there were some available. There's a ton of free apps in the original app store. I wasn't asking how to get things for free that weren't. Thank you for the information though. I'm kind of scared to download the wrong apps in Cydia. I'd hate to have to re jailbreak it.

Whenever you feel like downloading something google it. Read reviews and how the app, tweak, or theme is working for other people. Just remember what you've recently downloaded just in case your phone does start to slow down/crash so you can uninstall it. That's the best advice I can give you! Jailbreaking really is wonderful. You just have to get the hang of it :D!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited:
darkstar2007 said:
Whenever you feel like downloading something google it. Read reviews and how the app, tweak, or theme is working for other people. Just remember what you've recently downloaded just in case your phone does start to slow down/crash so you can uninstall it. That's the best advice I can give you! Jailbreaking really is wonderful. You just have to get the hang of it :D!

Never said better but it does get old after awhile it did for me at least

Kaylajo14 said:

I agree. I would add the safe mode crash. When you download something that isn't stable you're phone will go into a safe mode allowing you to uninstall the recently installed app. So don't worry about rejailbreaking

Last edited:
csdalton said:

It never got old for me. The new just wore off and I quit playing with tweaks as much. I wouldn't wanna go back to stock though. Especially every since I downloaded BiteSMS. I love the quick reply option!

iCrank said:
I agree. I would add the add the safe mode crash. When you download something that isn't stable you're phone will go into a safe mode allowing you to uninstall the recently installed app. So don't worry about rejailbreaking

+1... Thanks for bringing that up. I completely left that out. It most definitely is useful.

csdalton said:

It never got old for me. The new just wore off and I quit playing with tweaks as much. I wouldn't wanna go back to stock though. Especially every since I downloaded BiteSMS. I love the quick reply option!

Wow, that's how I am. Weird. The only tweaks I have now is bitesms, winter board, my3g and password pilot. I also have contact under my purchases but uninstalled because it was conflicting with my tune in pro app