What's new

How to reset iphone 4

rolo17

Reaction score
I updated my daughter iphone 4 to ios7 and ios7 isn't playing nice. I would like to reinstall the ios6 back on her phone is it possible to do?

Sent from Rolo's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I updated my daughter iphone 4 to ios7 and ios7 isn't playing nice. I would like to reinstall the ios6 back on her phone is it possible to do? Sent from Rolo's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

No unfortunately you can not downgrade an iOS.
If you saved the shsh blobs on the previous iOS 6 then you may be able to do it.
But I hardly know anyone who did that.

Restoring to an older version of iOS requires that you have SHSH blobs as well as APTickets (if applicable). They only work on A5 and below devices, meaning the iPhone 4 and older, the iPad 1, and the iPod Touch 4th Generation and older. If you do not have SHSH blobs or APTickets, you cannot restore to an older version of iOS if your device category falls into the above. You can only save them while the iOS is signing, meaning when the latest iOS was say iOS 6.1.3, that was the only time you can sign iOs 6.1.3.

Depending on what problem your daughter is experiencing, we may be able to troubleshoot and resolve it as much as possible if SHSH blobs are not saved for your device.

Her volume doesn't work on here music/video/game. There no volume line there. It work when she uses the tower for music and head phones. Iphone turns off on its own. I didn't do that when she was on ios 6

Backup the device and perform a fresh restore of the device. That should fix the problem assuming it's not a compatibility issue on the part of the apps.

What is shsh blobs?

Here's an explanation of what happened to SHSH blobs from 6.0-6.1.2 and Saurik on the matter. But below is an excerpt of what SHSH blobs are.

[h=3]What is SHSH?[/h]The important detail of the signing process is then to know exactly what is signed. Over the years, this has changed. The system that I had described a few years ago in a previous article, "Caching Apple's Signature Server", involves "personalizing" the files that are used as part of the iOS operating system software installation process (which is known as "restoring").This personalization is done by adding data to each file that is specific to the device on which the software will be installed, and then having the resulting "personalized" file be signed again by Apple. (I say signed "again", as the original files distributed by Apple are already signed, but they do not contain this device-specific information and are entirely generic.)The device-specific information that was used for this process is called, depending on where you find it, the "unique chip ID" or the "ECID" (an acronym that no one is sure of the meaning behind, but probably means something like "exclusive chip ID"). This ECID is a small block of data represented as a number that is unique to every iOS device that Apple has shipped.This ECID is then sent to Apple, along with the list of files that are being signed. Apple then returns a "blob" for each file, which is a block of data that replaces the existing signature on the file with both the personalization information (which is the ECID), sometimes some random data seemingly just "for good measure", as well as a new signature that signs the entire file.The actual signature inside of this blob is the SHSH, or signature hash (maybe "signed hash"; again, no one is really that certain, but we largely agree on "signature"). As the ECID of a device never changes, if you can then save the SHSH of a personalized file, you can always use it later to install that file, even if Apple is no longer willing to sign it: we thereby like saving these.