What's new

How to recover lost pictures after updating to iOS 7?

jun cloud

Reaction score
I had done something wrong, I am not an expert nor I do not know that was my simple click lost my treasured pictures huh!.. How to recover it?

I had done something wrong, I am not an expert nor I do not know that was my simple click lost my treasured pictures huh!.. How to recover it?
Did you backup your iPhone before updating to iOS 7. Unless you have a backup of your phone made before updating to iOS 7, your photos are, unfortunately, lost and can't be recovered.

Last edited:
I did not back it up. That was my biggest mistake.

Pics in my photostream were lost after the update. I thought those would be there forever :(

Pics in my photostream were lost after the update. I thought those would be there forever :(
PhotoStream doesn't store photos. It syncs between Apple devices. There's a limit as well:
Up to 1000 images will be visible there, and a photo can stay in PhotoStream up to 30 days, before it'll disappear.

If you intend to save photos to iCloud, use iCloud Photo Library (came with a software version of iOS 8), or use another kind of online storage for your pictures, e.g.

I had 400 or so photos that never disappeared, they were just there, and one day they were gone. What made me notice they were gone is because I was about to back some very important ones to CD. I had my iPad mini since they were introduced and only got rid of it last month when I upgraded to a regular iPad. The pics disappeared sometime around six months ago.

Better not rely on PhotoStream. It's not designed to store photos forever. As you see, it's possible that your images disappear unexpectedly. If you have to erase your device, or PhotoStream gets disabled, they'll be gone as well.

How can I make sure iCloud photo is working? I don't seem to see them shared between my other devices. 6+, iPad and MBP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the images were not synced to other devices, it didn't work, or you didnt enable PhotoStream on your other devices.