What's new

How to make a full backup before jailbreak Iphone 4s (5.01 9A406)

yamiyugi22

Reaction score
Somebody guide me how to make a full backup for phone 4s (5.01 9A406) before I jailbreak it. Make sure when I restore it, the FW will be still the same (5.01 9A406), and the jailbreak have to disappear. Like a new iphone 4s at begining when I bought it. please help me...

-----I used "iPhone4,1_5.0.1_9A406_Restore.ipsw" tried to shift-restore in itune, but it said error 3194. I used software such as Tinyumbrella, iSHSH, and delete the host file, but it still the same error 3194.

In short: I want to make sure the full backup, after I jailbreak I can still restore like a new iphone 4s (5.01 9A406) I bought.

please help me !!!

YOU CANT! because apple stopped sigining 5.0.1. so yo will have to restore to 5.1. and a backup wont being back the firmware. sorry

To backup just right-click the device in iTunes and select "backup." However, like Friday1234 said, you will not be able to restore 5.0.1. If you want to jailbreak, you will have to keep your phone the way it is right now and just jailbreak it.

I see now...
1/My Iphone is automatic download the FW 5.1 and lucky it didn't automatic install. It took 800MB in my Iphone. How can I detele that file download 5.1 in my iphone? some one help me? I just jailbroke my Iphone 4s 5.0.1. please help

2/do guys know any software or apps by wi-fi to call people without carrier? some time the signal is too weak. It is hard to make a call or receive a phone call. please help

3/ I can't a group message to people I want to send. It said "message failure" I don't know why. My I phone is 4s 5.0.1 and I tried to send 1 person, and it worked. Only send as a group, it can't work. "message failure" somebody know about this?

I see now...
1/My Iphone is automatic download the FW 5.1 and lucky it didn't automatic install. It took 800MB in my Iphone. How can I detele that file download 5.1 in my iphone? some one help me? I just jailbroke my Iphone 4s 5.0.1. please help

2/do guys know any software or apps by wi-fi to call people without carrier? some time the signal is too weak. It is hard to make a call or receive a phone call. please help

3/ I can't a group message to people I want to send. It said "message failure" I don't know why. My I phone is 4s 5.0.1 and I tried to send 1 person, and it worked. Only send as a group, it can't work. "message failure" somebody know about this?
don't worry for the iOS 5.1, it didn't get into your iPhone, it was downloading into your computer and afterward would have install it into your iPhone. You can even download it completely into your computer and leave it there, it will never get installed into your iPhone without asking you for confirmation.
You can use Skype, or FaceTime, or yahoo messenger, or apps alike to make phone call via wifi.
As for group messages, i do not have experience with it, so i can't help on that.

don't worry for the iOS 5.1, it didn't get into your iPhone, it was downloading into your computer and afterward would have install it into your iPhone. You can even download it completely into your computer and leave it there, it will never get installed into your iPhone without asking you for confirmation.
You can use Skype, or FaceTime, or yahoo messenger, or apps alike to make phone call via wifi.
As for group messages, i do not have experience with it, so i can't help on that.

You can also tap download and install on the phone itself, but once it's done downloading it won't install until you tap "install now".

My iOS 5.1 update jut started downloading by itself......without me doing anything.

It was auto download (ios 5.1) in my Iphone 4s not my PC. I used itool and went to var -> mobileSoftUpdate ..( I deleted everything there around 500MB ) am I doing right? , but when I go back general to check, and it is still "Install" not " download and install"..Did I do something wrong?

Group message, nobody know how to help me this?

yamiyugi22 said:
It was auto download (ios 5.1) in my Iphone 4s not my PC. I used itool and went to var -> mobileSoftUpdate ..( I deleted everything there around 500MB ) am I doing right? , but when I go back general to check, and it is still "Install" not " download and install"..Did I do something wrong?

Group message, nobody know how to help me this?

You didn't have to do anything. All ya had to do was "not " tap install. Simple. The probably cannot recognize that the update is removed. Cuz that's not suppose to happen. Just don't go in that section of settings. How hard is that?lol

I know...it took 500-800MB in my iphone 4s..I just tried to delete it to reduce GB in my iphones...

I don't know when I deleted all data in var -> mobileSoftUpdate , but in the general it is not change from "install" to "download and install" ...just tell me " did I deleted right one for ios 5.1 in var -> mobileSoftUpdate ?

yamiyugi22 said:
I know...it took 500-800MB in my iphone 4s..I just tried to delete it to reduce GB in my iphones...

I don't know when I deleted all data in var -> mobileSoftUpdate , but in the general it is not change from "install" to "download and install" ...just tell me " did I deleted right one for ios 5.1 in var -> mobileSoftUpdate ?

Yes. You most certainly did.

1/If so, do you have some way to help me change the status "Install" become "Download and install", just like begining before they auto download 5.1 ios?

2/ Do you know about BiteSms? I have AT&T service and it costed me 20$ a month for unlimited message, but I don't use SMS much. I think I just text and recieve texting around 150-200 messages a month. Do biteSMS free for texting and receive the messages from other phones and carriers?

yamiyugi22 said:
1/If so, do you have some way to help me change the status "Install" become "Download and install", just like begining before they auto download 5.1 ios?

2/ Do you know about BiteSms? I have AT&T service and it costed me 20$ a month for unlimited message, but I don't use SMS much. I think I just text and recieve texting around 150-200 messages a month. Do biteSMS free for texting and receive the messages from other phones and carriers?

No. BiteSMS just offers its own messaging service for a cheaper price. That's it.

Second...you have to e jailbroken and ha biteSMS installed to even use it.

I use biteSMS avidly every day. I have never Reid the bite plan tho. I just use it for the quick reply and quick compose I can access from anywhere without ever opening the Messages app.

If iTunes saying Install instead of download and install, it means that iTunes has already download the latest iOS into the iTunes library and now is ready anytime to install the iOS to your iPhone. You either install it or deny installation. Why do you want iTunes to ask you again download and install? you want to spend 30mn to download the ipsw again?
As for bitesms, i believe that it works just as the default sms app, i mean over your carrier provided services. But you can look for whatsapp or apps alike whatsapp to send free messages, keep in mind that your contacts should also have whatsapp app install into their iPhone in order to be able to receive message from you and you to receive messages from them.

If iTunes saying Install instead of download and install, it means that iTunes has already download the latest iOS into the iTunes library and now is ready anytime to install the iOS to your iPhone. You either install it or deny installation. Why do you want iTunes to ask you again download and install? you want to spend 30mn to download the ipsw again?
As for bitesms, i believe that it works just as the default sms app, i mean over your carrier provided services. But you can look for whatsapp or apps alike whatsapp to send free messages, keep in mind that your contacts should also have whatsapp app install into their iPhone in order to be able to receive message from you and you to receive messages from them.

1/you misunderstood. Not the itunes, it is my iphone 4s. General -->software update , (show install) not (download and install). I deleted everything in Var--->mobileSoftUpdate. But in my iphone 4s. General -->software update. Not changed to "Download and install". I'm just worry about " Did I deleted the wrong one? " ?_?

2/In BiteSMS..I tried to send some Smile Icon (SMS) in " + " to a iphone or other phones. But they all didn't see any that smite icon? ...why?

yamiyugi22 said:
1/you misunderstood. Not the itunes, it is my iphone 4s. General -->software update , (show install) not (download and install). I deleted everything in Var--->mobileSoftUpdate. But in my iphone 4s. General -->software update. Not changed to "Download and install". I'm just worry about " Did I deleted the wrong one? " ?_?

2/In BiteSMS..I tried to send some Smile Icon (SMS) in " + " to a iphone or other phones. But they all didn't see any that smite icon? ...why?

If you deleted the update....then the update is deleted. Why does it matter that it's not hoeing the in General> Software update.

I don't even remember what thy tab looks like, I have no reason to go on it....and neither do you.

Of you really want see if you can change then tap the "Install" button and see what happen.

As for smilies....make sure it's turned on in biteSMS settings.