What's new

How To - JB your iPhone w/ evasi0n (Win) [6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1, 6.1.1 & 6.1.2]

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
The following is a tutorial on how to perform an Untethered Jailbreak of your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and/or iPhone 5 (on iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1, 6.1.1 or 6.1.2) using evasi0n for Windows.

Remember... before performing any Jailbreak always backup your iDevice via iTunes and/or iCloud.

Note: These screen shots show evasi0n version 1.0... the most recent version is 1.5.3.

Step 1:
Create a folder on your desktop and name it whatever you'd like. Download (using Google Chrome or Desktop Safari, anything other than Internet Explorer) , and save to the folder you just created, the latest version of evasi0n here:

Windows

Mac OSX
104797-640.png

Step 2:
From the downloaded evasi0n zip file, right-click and "Extract All" and save the extracted file to the folder you've created.

104798-640.png

Step 3:
Double click the newly created evasi0n-win folder to open it.

104801-640.png

Step 4:
Right click the evasi0n.exe icon and select Run as Administrator.

104803.png

Step 5:
If you're iPhone is not already connected via your USB cable, connect it now.

104804.png

Step 6:
If you're iPhone has an active Lockscreen Passcode, disable it now. Then, click Jailbreak to begin.

104806.png

Step 7:
The evasi0n app will now retrieve data from your iDevice to generate jailbreake data, inject state 1 jailbrake data, reboot the device, wait for the device to be ready, inject state 2 jailbreak data, upload Cydia, then update the Cydia packages list.

104807.png

104825.png

Step 8:
Now you will be directed to unlock your device and tap the new "Jailbreak" app icon that appears on your springboard. It is possible that the "Jailbreak" icon will show up on the second or third page of your springboard... depending on your current app layout. It is imperative that you only tap the "Jailbreak icon once. The app will open then immediately close.

104828.png

104843.png

Step 9:
Evasi0n will then inject the remount payload, remount the root filesystem, prepare the final jailbreak data, inject the final jailbreak data, and complete!

104830.png

104839.png

Step 10:
Your iPhone will now reboot with Cydia on the SpringBoard!

104840.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There's only 1 physical interaction with the device during the entire process. Yet users still manage to mess that up.....

Hello Jon,

I'm on iphone 5 and jailbroken with 6.1 evasi0n. Every time a new IOS version comes out what should I do? Is it really necessary to update? Thx

I'm on iphone 5 and jailbroken with 6.1 evasi0n. Every time a new IOS version comes out what should I do? Is it really necessary to update? Thx
If you are not experiencing any issues w/ your iP5 on iOS 6.1... then there's no need to udpate. 6.1.1 was for the 4S only... and 6.1.2 fixes an Exhcange bug that could possibly decrease battery life.

And note that don't immediately upgrade your iOS until the Evasi0n utility is updated. It's also easy to spot a hotfix iOS if Apple's pitching new ones out every other week as you've seen since the iOS 6 release practically. But as our admins over on the iPadForums would say, wait until Evasi0n updates so you don't stay in the gray area of a day or two for a jailbreak. It's not mandatory that you upgrade your iOS TBH. I think the only iOS's that you had to upgrade to was iOS 4.3.3/iOS 5 because of iTunes requirements from app developers.

can anyone explain me about untethered and thedered JB
I read the sticks but could not get it
pllsssss anyone explain me simply...
:ibooks:

can anyone explain me about untethered and thedered JB
An Untethered JB allows you to reboot your iPhone (fully turn off then back on...) and still have full function. A Tethered JB requires your iPhone to be connected to a computer w/ iTunes and redsn0w (Jailbreak program) to "Just Boot" back to full function.

I'm sure it's probably operator error since I'm battling the flu, but is anyone else having issues trying to download this? I keep getting a page not found error.

An Untethered JB allows you to reboot your iPhone (fully turn off then back on...) and still have full function. A Tethered JB requires your iPhone to be connected to a computer w/ iTunes and redsn0w (Jailbreak program) to "Just Boot" back to full function.

So which is better unthederd or thedered