What's new

How to jailbreak 4.2.1 (tethered)

@ christmas for sure iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak for Christmas [Confirmed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, guys this has been confirmed but please don't post links to any GeoHot site or twitter accounts they are fakes. Get you info from the devteam blog.

Ok, guys this has been confirmed but please don't post links to any GeoHot site or twitter accounts they are fakes. Get you info from the devteam blog.

Will you post the info on how to do the untethered jb once its been released dannyboy.

I can't wait....

I cant wait either im getting fed up having to connect my phone to the pc when it needs a reboot or has just lost charge

All i cam say is roll on the untethered jb so i can finally enjoy the iphone 4 with a pc having to be nearby lol

thats why it would of been better to hold off on jailbreaking until then. i upgraded from the 4.2 gm and dident care about losing jailbreak how ever long it takes the devs.

so tethered jailbreak means if I do a shutdown using a power button I would have to re jailbreak again? or it is when I do a reset using power button and home button?

so tethered jailbreak means if I do a shutdown using a power button I would have to re jailbreak again? or it is when I do a reset using power button and home button?

You dont have to re jailbreak but you do need to use redsnow and select just boot tethered now everytime you swtich off or reboot as the phone wont load up and just displays the apple logo roll on the full jb

Musclenerd has managed to successfully jailbreak in iPod touch 4g running 4.2.1 untethered...

sweet, so it wont be long now. last time i remember they released a hack on new years eve :S but that was for 3.XX if i remember correctly

has anyone that has jail-broken their 4.2.1 noticed anything not working? or anything negatively different?