What's new

How to jailbreak 4.2.1 (tethered)

It means everytime you turn your phone off or it runs out of battery or you have to restart it you need to plug it in to your computer and jailbreak it again. You will loose any apps/tweaks, themes ect. you've downloaded/installed from cydia and have to start from scratch...

I just updated my firmware to 4.2, is there anyway i can rollback to 4.1 and then use greenpois0n to jb? or is this not possible. Edit : Rawr nvm read another post FML

Last edited:
Okay so i am completely new to JBing and i think this is the right place to post my questions. If not then sorry. I've tried the redsn0w JB at least 5 times and every time the program gets stuck at either the "uploading ramdisk" bar or the "exploiting limera1n" bar. What am i doing wrong??
Also, does tethered mean that i have to go through the JB process (apps,skins, tweaks, etc.) every time i need to reboot my phone??
Thanks

Okay so i am completely new to JBing and i think this is the right place to post my questions. If not then sorry. I've tried the redsn0w JB at least 5 times and every time the program gets stuck at either the "uploading ramdisk" bar or the "exploiting limera1n" bar. What am i doing wrong??
Also, does tethered mean that i have to go through the JB process (apps,skins, tweaks, etc.) every time i need to reboot my phone??
Thanks

you should stay away from jailbreak until its tethered

Thanks

you should stay away from jailbreak until its tethered

i thought this redsn0w one is tethered..?

haha no probs. is there anyway to track the progress of the untethered version other than watching this forum 24/7?

well people here get their updated from different places but the most trusted source would be dev team twitter/facebook in irc and their blog for more up to date info but you dont need to check 24/7 even once a week is ok... at this rate they will release a proper jb next year... just a guess :)

thanks for the help.

but say i didnt want to wait that long for a JB. do you know what would be the reasons for my initial problem (progress bar getting stuck)?
i can deal with the tethered since i rarely turn off my phone/need to reboot it.

damn okay thanks for the advice. i guess i will wait

just by installing apps like winterboard you will reset it and lose jb...

trust me your better off waiting.

i dont know all i can say is if you insist on this way then use this tutorial maybe your not doing something right

so palio if i use this method will it void my warrenty on my iphone? or did i already void it by jailbreaking using greenpois0n when i had version 4.1

Last edited:
just by installing apps like winterboard you will reset it and lose jb...

trust me your better off waiting.

i dont know all i can say is if you insist on this way then use this tutorial maybe your not doing something right

so palio if i use this method will it void my warrenty on my iphone? or did i already void it by jailbreaking using greenpois0n when i had version 4.1

u did when u jailbroke 41 but if you updated and lost ur jailbreak then ur warranty is ok they have no way to tell if its jailbroken or if it has been before

Im trying to read as much as i can on this forum to educate myself about the ip4
Im on locked Ip4. Was on 4.1 and as soon as 4.2.1 came out i couldnt hold on and had to get it :) Im not JB yet. Love the findmyip4 app btw.
mY Qs

Someone posted links to ios versions. Just to make sure i got it right. If im on 4.2.1 I can download the 4.1 from the link on page 2 and go back to 4.1v. correct?

Why is everyone talking about 4.1 Untethred and not 4.2.1? It comes out sooner for 4.1? if so then why?

Since there isnt Un T. for 4.1 and 4.2.1. which JB version is better? I really want to JB my iphone to see what its all about and dunno whether to go back to 4.1 (if possible) and jb it or JB my current 4.2.1.

Again, I dont mind rebooting my phone. Aside from that what are some
Pros and Cons on JB ip4 vs Non JB?

Thanks.