What's new

how to find imei number of iphone stuck in activation screen

henkdutoit

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So i have searched a few forums, but can't find a solution. My friend got an iphone from a friend which is locked to orange in UK, the phone was working on a different network in New Zealand with help of a r-sim till recently when she updated the software to ios 8.1, now the phone is stuck on the activation screen. How can I find the IMEI number to get it unlocked from the carrier?

Thanks in advance
Henk

The sim tray is not the original one as it has the one to fit the r-sim in it.

Btw:
What does the iPhone show on the activation screen where it's stuck?

Hi J.A. thanks for your reply. I cannot see any infomation about the phone in iTunes, because it is not activated. She does not have the original packaging either.. The error message reads (same in iTunes): The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server.

Cheers for your help so far

Was the phone backed up to iTunes before the update? It's possible to retrieve the information from there (see my link).

dont know, I will have to check with them and get back to you, but it is unlikely that they have..

The IEMI # is on the back of the device. The last set of numbers/letters on the second row of of the two sentences.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415747714.817913.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Spencer, yes that is the first place I checked, but it doesn't have the original back cover on either. I checked with the owner of the phone and she said that there is no backup. Hopefully there are some other options, otherwise we will need to get hold of an orange network sim card?

is there a way to bypass that screen to get into the recently dialled list and then dial *#06#? I have searched google for some tips but nothing has worked thus far..

is there a way to bypass that screen to get into the recently dialled list and then dial *#06#? I have searched google for some tips but nothing has worked thus far..
I'm afraid that there's no way to bypass the activation screen without the Apple ID and password of the original owner.

There should be a small info button on the bottom right of the start up screen. If you hit that it will show your IMEI.

There seems to be a rebuttal to every solution, even down to it not having the original back cover. Something sounds strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk