What's new

How to download photos from iPhone to computer

wayhay it worked.There it was my i phone icon So now i can download my photos of my phone to my comp and of my comp to my phone.
Thanks you all

I wish you had told us exactly what you did!!

Thanks guys! I was trying to figure this out. It is a rather convoluted process. I know not to rack my brains out anymore!

I have encountered a similar problem about iPhone backup before.
1.Copy all pictures from your current NTFS formatted drive C:\Documents\Pictures to F:\Pictures (or to a directory of your choice)
2.Open iTunes and select the new folder that you want to use to sync photos to your iPhone – F:\Pictures
3.Sync your iPhone and everything should work smoothly.
Besides what mentioned above, i like to share you a iPhone column about iPhone Transfer Backup Reviews, which included transferring iPhone contents to computer/iTunes.
Hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!

Last edited:
You can easily transfer Photos from your Phone to your computer, the process is very similar whether you are on a Mac or PC. Regardless of what OS you are using, you’ll need your iPhonehttp://osxdaily.com/2010/07/10/transfer-photos-from-iphone-to-computer/#, the included USB cable, and a computer to plug it into.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac

The easiest way to transfer pictures from your iPhone to your Mac is through Preview

• Plug your iPhone into your Mac
  • Launch Preview
  • From the File menu navigate down and select “Import from iPhone…”
  • Select “Import All” to get all the pictures, otherwise individually select pictures and click ‘Import’
  • Look in your ~/Pictures/ folder for the photos from your iPhone
You can also transfer pictures to your Mac with iPhoto or Image Capture, which is just as easy.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC

On a Windows PC the easiest way to get pictures from your iPhone is to just use Windows Explorer, but there’s two ways to go about this:

• Plugin your iPhone to the computer without iTunes running
  • Wait for a popup asking you what you want to do with the device
  • Select “View Content”
  • Find your photos through the folders that are displayed
  • Copy in Windows as usual
If your iPhone is already plugged into your PC, you can try this method:

• Plugin your iPhone to your PC
  • Open “My Computer”
  • Find your iPhone, it will appear as any other camera would
  • Open iPhone to find your Photos
  • Select the pictures you want to copy to your computer and copy/paste them into the desired location on your PC
The Windows approach treats the iPhone more like a file system, but if you feel like it you can also use your favorite photo importing application to pull the pictures from the device as well.
You can also sync your photos using just iTunes on either Mac OS or Windows but that is more for iPhone backup purposes.

There is a simple way to get your IPhone pics on your computer and bypass ITunes and IPhoto. Apple includes a great program called Image Capture on all Macs. Open the program and it will see the IPhone and it will allow you to download any or all of them. Other methods is attach iPhone to Computer then go to My Computer, and locate iPhone, most probably it will appear as camera. Then browse iPhone from your computer. At last find and Select the photos you want to transfer to your computer and copy that and paste the same at location you want to.

Having only a PC I have yet to find a method to transfer iPhone photos to my PC! There is no iPhone under "My Computer" anywhere yet it appears in iTunes. However in iTunes there is no Photo folder to view photos taken by the iPhone!
Crazy. But I can sync PC stored photos to the iPhone.
Make me wished for my Motorola Razr where I could remove the micro SD card and import to Picassa with ease.

drwells said:
Having only a PC I have yet to find a method to transfer iPhone photos to my PC! There is no iPhone under "My Computer" anywhere yet it appears in iTunes. However in iTunes there is no Photo folder to view photos taken by the iPhone!
Crazy. But I can sync PC stored photos to the iPhone.
Make me wished for my Motorola Razr where I could remove the micro SD card and import to Picassa with ease.

Try photo sync in the app store. You can transfer photos wirelessly with that app.

Why don't you check out iFunBox?
Works like a champ for me.

Is there any good apps that will organize your photos,putting them into folders etc... and delete the ones that u don't want on your iPhone?
Thanks

y do some of my pictures show up on my pc upside down when I transfer them?

On a Windows PC the easiest way to get pictures from your iPhone is to just use Windows Explorer, but there’s two ways to go about this:

• plugin your iPhone to the computer without iTunes running
  • Wait for a popup asking you what you want to do with the device
  • Select “View Content”
  • Find your photos through the folders that are displayed
  • Copy in Windows as usual
If your iPhone is already plugged into your PC, you can try this method:

• Plugin your iPhone to your PC
  • Open “My Computer”
  • Find your iPhone, it will appear as any other camera would
  • open iPhone to find your Photos
  • Select the pictures you want to copy to your computer and copy/paste them into the desired location on your PC.