What's new

How to download photos from iPhone to computer

Edie143

Reaction score
I've taken some great photos with my iPhone and would like to download them to my computer. I am at a loss to figure out how to do it.

Also, is there a way to move photos from the "Camera Roll" album into other albums?

For that matter, is there a way to create albums in the Photos app? The only way I could figure to do it was to make folders on my computer then include them in iTunes to sync. Kinda convoluted.

Thanks,
Edie

Unfotunately, thats pretty much the way of apple. You cant move pictures around within the phones albums. You have to move them to the comp then put them in their own albums then resync them.

Yeah no good way to do it but there is a free photobucket app where you can just upload to there and manage from the app

Unfotunately, thats pretty much the way of apple. You cant move pictures around within the phones albums. You have to move them to the comp then put them in their own albums then resync them.

So is there a way to move them to my computer from the phone or do I have to go to photobucket first?
Thanks!

i use iFunBox to drag and drop images from my iphone to my hd. works simple enough.

When you connect the iPhone to the PC, you can browse it's files like any other drive. Simply open "My Computer" -> iPhone. You'll be able to copy and paste images and videos to your computer.

I've taken some great photos with my iPhone and would like to download them to my computer. I am at a loss to figure out how to do it.

Also, is there a way to move photos from the "Camera Roll" album into other albums?

For that matter, is there a way to create albums in the Photos app? The only way I could figure to do it was to make folders on my computer then include them in iTunes to sync. Kinda convoluted.

Thanks,
Edie

Did you want to keep the pictures on your phone after transfer or transfer them in your hard drive and remove it in your phone to save space? If it's the latter, you can import them to wherever you want it saved to your computer, and in options, select delete all items on the phone when import is complete.

The window shows up everytime you plug your phone to your computer. It asks you what you want to do with your device (open device, import,etc).

Gemo when i open my comuter theres no i phone listed .any idea what iv done wrong. Im synced and have loaded photos from pc to phone but can not go from phone to pc?

Gemo when i open my comuter theres no i phone listed .any idea what iv done wrong. Im synced and have loaded photos from pc to phone but can not go from phone to pc?

Ive had this problem before where the computer does not bring up a view files option or what have you when you plug it into the computer. What i had to do was whatever usb port you have it plugged into, go to that drive on your computer and go into the settings for it and enable whatever option is needed such as something along the lines of "ask what to do when a device is plugged in". Either that or plug into a different usb port.

wayhay it worked.There it was my i phone icon So now i can download my photos of my phone to my comp and of my comp to my phone.
Thanks you all

how do you upload pics from your pc to your iphone? i can't seem it figure it out.

how do you upload pics from your pc to your iphone? i can't seem it figure it out.

Open iTunes, select your phone, open the pictures tab, select the folder with the pictures in and sync.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi, how to download photos from comp to iphone? i manage to find the photo tab in itunes. but when i drag the photo over, nothing happens. please help. thanks!

hi, how to download photos from comp to iphone? i manage to find the photo tab in itunes. but when i drag the photo over, nothing happens. please help. thanks!

Just go to my computer you should see your phone as a digital camera. Just drag and drop them from there.

Just go to my computer you should see your phone as a digital camera. Just drag and drop them from there.

I have used the following transfer app successfully:
"Photos Transfer"
I like it a lot for transfer of photos between my iPhone 4 and mac with Tiger OS