What's new

How to Downgrade your iOS with the use of blobs (pre-A5 devices only)

it's laptop... i have changed USB port and checked this time i am getting error 1601.... will check by changing USB data cable and let u know

Try creating a new administrative user and retry. If not, uninstall all aspects of iTunes, and reinstall afresh

Try creating a new administrative user and retry. If not, uninstall all aspects of iTunes, and reinstall afresh

Actually i have newly installed this laptop... i mean formatted completely two days back

Which OS are you currently using.

i have tried changing USB cable also just now but getting same error 1601 :(

160X issues are USB connection errors. Uninstalling USB drivers and all iTunes components, and rebooting resolves this 9 out of 10 times. You can try checking your AV and firewall, and also try editing your host file and removing Apple hosts and retry. If you have another computer, use that. Otherwise, create another administrative user and turn off UAC.

160X issues are USB connection errors. Uninstalling USB drivers and all iTunes components, and rebooting resolves this 9 out of 10 times. You can try checking your AV and firewall, and also try editing your host file and removing Apple hosts and retry. If you have another computer, use that. Otherwise, create another administrative user and turn off UAC.

i have but still same error.... i have even tried with xp laptop on that also same 1600 error :(

Actually why i am trying to downgrade my iphone4 is because it's very damn slow with 7.0.4.... i hear that 7.1 fast but no JB... so i am trying to downgrade to 6.1.3 so that i can have JB and my will be fast

Actually why i am trying to downgrade my iphone4 is because it's very damn slow with 7.0.4.... i hear that 7.1 fast but no JB... so i am trying to downgrade to 6.1.3 so that i can have JB and my will be fast
7.0.4 should be faster than 6.1.3. Maybe there's another reason for the 4 being slow.

7.0.4 should be faster than 6.1.3. Maybe there's another reason for the 4 being slow.

Not as much for the iPhone 4. iOS 7 has a much heavier reliance on hardware specs, hence the decrease in some aspects of the iOS such as transparency, animations, etc. Though 7.1 is an improvement over 7.0-7.0.6 in terms of performance and resource management.

i have tried changing USB cable also just now but getting same error 1601 :(

Is your device placed in Pwned DFU mode.

Not as much for the iPhone 4. iOS 7 has a much heavier reliance on hardware specs, hence the decrease in some aspects of the iOS such as transparency, animations, etc. Though 7.1 is an improvement over 7.0-7.0.6 in terms of performance and resource management.

Is your device placed in Pwned DFU mode.

sometimes i tried keeping in DFU mode (i dont know whether it is exact word or not) directly by holding power button for 3 seconds (apple will appear) and then home buttons for about 15 seconds (screen will be black)..... keep holding home button release power button and then after some time release home button also.

some times i tried keeping iphone in Pwned DFU mode with the help of redsnow for both ways i am getting same error...:( :(

Seems it's not work out for my iPhone4....if i upgraded to 7.1 can i go back to old version like 6.x or 5.x after some time?.. i am asking this question because i am confused with other posts

Seems it's not work out for my iPhone4....if i upgraded to 7.1 can i go back to old version like 6.x or 5.x after some time?.. i am asking this question because i am confused with other posts

If you have SHSH blobs and proper APTickets for those iOS's, then yes you can.

If you have SHSH blobs and proper APTickets for those iOS's, then yes you can.

Thanq

i am thinking about 7.1 tether JB to my iPhone4..... i have a doubt whether all cydia apps/tweaks are compatible with ios 7.1 or not... as of now i am using the following apps & tweaks

1. Activator
2. afc2add
3. Battery saver
4. biteSMS
5. CCSettings
6. GesturesPlus
7. iCleaner
8. ILEX RAT 2.0
9. Lockdown Lite
10. MobileTerminal
11. NoNearMe
12. OpenSSH
13. Priority Hub
14. Speed Internsifier
15. WinterBoard
16. xCon

Please let me know whether the above mentioned are compatible or not

Thanq

i am thinking about 7.1 tether JB to my iPhone4..... i have a doubt whether all cydia apps/tweaks are compatible with ios 7.1 or not... as of now i am using the following apps & tweaks

1. Activator
2. afc2add
3. Battery saver
4. biteSMS
5. CCSettings
6. GesturesPlus
7. iCleaner
8. ILEX RAT 2.0
9. Lockdown Lite
10. MobileTerminal
11. NoNearMe
12. OpenSSH
13. Priority Hub
14. Speed Internsifier
15. WinterBoard
16. xCon

Please let me know whether the above mentioned are compatible or not

If it's compatible with iOS 7.0.X, then it's compatible with iOS 7.1. There are no differences in the core of the iOS's. so as long as it's iOS 7 compatible, it'll work on 7.1.