What's new

How to downgrade or preserve the firmware of your iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just follow the steps in the guide and you should be able to downgrade and be jailbroken at the same time. The was a user that posted that you need to point redsnow to 4.2.6 instead of 4.2.8...

Unless I'm reading it wrong, that doesn't help you downgrade your phone, just fixes the recovery loop afterwords. iTunes won't downgrade, just gives the error when it tries to verify with apple.

I've included my hosts file just in case theres a problem there. I can't think of what else could be going wrong.

Attachments

• $hosts.zip
    551 bytes · Views: 771
Last edited:
I admit i was stupid and upgraded my verizon iphone 4 from IOS 4.2.9 to 4.2.10. I want my cydia back. Im not a techie, an i just use greenpos0n like i did the first time or do i have to use something different.

Please respond so that a 4th grader would understand. Cause I'm that slow.

thanks

Okay question if I know someone who has the old shsh files on there laptop (or whatever they are called) can i use those to downgrade my firmware.

I admit i was stupid and upgraded my verizon iphone 4 from IOS 4.2.9 to 4.2.10. I want my cydia back. Im not a techie, an i just use greenpos0n like i did the first time or do i have to use something different.

Please respond so that a 4th grader would understand. Cause I'm that slow.

thanks

I've made the guide as simple as I can. If your still struggling create a thread explaining the part(s) your having difficulty with...

Okay question if I know someone who has the old shsh files on there laptop (or whatever they are called) can i use those to downgrade my firmware.

SHSH's are unique to every device and you need a set for the firmware your downgrading to...

Lol I give up I guess i'm just stuck like chuck until ios5. Hopefully that want need jailbreak to enjoy.

Lol I give up I guess i'm just stuck like chuck until ios5. Hopefully that want need jailbreak to enjoy.

Did you save the SHSH's for the device your trying to downgrade? Did you save via tunyumbrella or cydia? What firmware are you on and what firmware are you trying to downgrade to...?

Nope in purchased the phone 2nd hand and it already had 4.2.10 on it so I'm just SOL.

Hi have a replacement device that has 4.3.3

How can I 'save' this just incase I upgrade?

Since apple use no longer signing 4.3.3 SHSH's you can only use iFaith (windows only) to save them...

Since apple use no longer signing 4.3.3 SHSH's you can only use iFaith (windows only) to save them...

Thanks. My iPhone has been configured to a Mac. Does it matter if I use iFaith on a pc?

The Iphone ios 8.4 is unstable, I would go for the downgrading. thank you
iOS 8.4 cannot be downgraded as no earlier iOS version is still being signed.

Also, this thread is almost 4 years old and the original participants are no longer active.

With that, this thread is now closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.