What's new

How to determine if your iphone is locked or not

opylee

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea how to know if you have an international edition iPhone 4 ? And any idea of a great site to unlock it I've been burnt quite a lot in the past by scam sites

Try another sim card in the phone if it's locked contact your current network provider to unlock it

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠

Does anyone have an idea how to know if you have an international edition iPhone 4 ? And any idea of a great site to unlock it I've been burnt quite a lot in the past by scam sites
Factory restore the iPhone using iTunes, then insert your sim to see if it will activate it or not, if yes try to get another carrier sim card and insert it in to see if it will also activate or not, if it activate both sim cards then you are having a factory unlocked iPhone, if not then it's a factory locked iPhone.
You should factory reset the iPhone or ask your seller to factory reset it before you try inserting your sim cars inside the iPhone, because the iPhone might be jailbreaked and unlocked and so whatever sim card you insert in it will work where by the iPhone is in fact a factory locked iPhone but jailbreaked and unlocked.
So make sure that the iPhone is factory reseted before trying inserting your sims and then buying it.