What's new

How to Delete Photo Library?

EWyatt

Reaction score
Many moons ago, when I first got my iPhone4, I unfortunately used iTunes to mess up my phone, which it did very nicely, thank you. One of those messes was creating a Photo Library within the Photos App. I also have a Camera Roll within that Photos App.
Question: after searching Google and elsewhere without much luck, is there a way to delete the Photo Library and all photos within?? Note: there's no trash can or delete function anywhere. If I have to use iTunes for this, is there a way to do delete the Photo Library cleanly without messing up my other iTunes goodies, like apps, Contacts, etc?? Thanks.

EWyatt said:
Many moons ago, when I first got my iPhone4, I unfortunately used iTunes to mess up my phone, which it did very nicely, thank you. One of those messes was creating a Photo Library within the Photos App. I also have a Camera Roll within that Photos App.
Question: after searching Google and elsewhere without much luck, is there a way to delete the Photo Library and all photos within?? Note: there's no trash can or delete function anywhere. If I have to use iTunes for this, is there a way to do delete the Photo Library cleanly without messing up my other iTunes goodies, like apps, Contacts, etc?? Thanks.

Just uncheck sync photos using well hate to say iTunes but you should be ok.

Last edited:
iCrank, I hear you... So, for my benefit, I should simply uncheck "synch photos" and then what? Synch again in that tab? Will synching in that tab only affect That Tab and leave the other areas (Contracts, etc.) alone?

Sorry, but as you may know, I have a major problem with iTunes. It should be more "Microsoft Explorer"-friendly!

EWyatt said:
iCrank, I hear you... So, for my benefit, I should simply uncheck "synch photos" and then what? Synch again in that tab? Will synching in that tab only affect That Tab and leave the other areas (Contracts, etc.) alone?

Sorry, but as you may know, I have a major problem with iTunes. It should be more "Microsoft Explorer"-friendly!

I know it should be. If you just want to get rid of photos do that. You're contacts and apps shouldn't be affected. As long as the computer is authorized

Will do. Thanks again, iCrank. You help lots of people here! Cool.