What's new

how to delete Documents and Data on IOS 5.0.1?

Hmm - I realize lots of people (myself included) are having problems with battery drain... but lots of people are NOT having issues. So saying that is "concern no. 1" may be a stretch. I am sure it may well indeed be "no. 1" for you - but, again, not for everyone. Also - THIS thread was about an issue with Facebook and storage usage. Not sure what the point was to come in and basically tell us that we should wait on our issue until your pet issue was dealt with. Any reason in particular that we cant mention both to Apple? The iphone is a pretty advanced device - surely the designers of such a piece of technology have the ability and resources to look into one - two... dare I say it, even THREE issues at once? I know - MADNESS!!!!!!!!! But I have faith in Apple. I bet they can do it!!

NJShoremom - I guess I am glad there is a least some way of dealing with it as well. I haven't done that yet - but I am considering it lol. I usually think of options like that as going nuclear - and sometimes a good nuke fixes everything lol!

Take care,
Rob

Yeah, I find it annoying as well - there should at least be SOME way to clean it out every so often.

Take care,
Rob

Document & Data on iPhone is junks files including browser history, cookies, logs, caches of photos and videos, database files stored by your apps. You’ll notice that some apps while being very small themselves have accumulated a lot of data. An example of this is shown in the image below, you see that the Facebook app is 109 MB whereas the Documents & Data stored is 1.2 GB. This 1.2 GB is what goes into your “Other” data.
$facebook_app.png
These apps on iPhone don’t provide a way to delete Documents and Data, uninstalling and reinstalling the app is not the best option here. You can use CleanMyPhone (developer by Fireebok Studio) or PhoneClean to delete the documents and data without deleting the app itself.

Moderation Notice: This thread/post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules Please no external links

Last edited by a moderator: