What's new

How to clear "Other"

iCrank

Reaction score
Can someone help me with this issue that I'm having I just plugged my iphone into my computer for the first time in weeks. Under the summary tab I'm getting 2.2gb of "other," i tried using diskaid but cant up find where that other is. I deleted my music using diskaid and that gave me a error when trying to sync the music back over. I fixed that issue with a hard reset but that 2.2gb is still there. can someone help me out? I'm trying not to restore.

Last edited:
EWyatt said:
I don't know if this will help, since you've already adjusted your music data, but there may be something here you missed:
Does your iPhone have too much 'other' memory? | Whalertly
Let us know what you find out. Apparently this is a relatively common annoyance.

Thanks for the help ewyatt. That's where I got the info about diskaid. I think im figuring out the issue. My phone has all my emails stored on it from 08. I'm in the process of deleting them now. Hopes this fixes that problem

iCrank said:
Thanks for the help ewyatt. That's where I got the info about diskaid. I think im figuring out the issue. My phone has all my emails stored on it from 08. I'm in the process of deleting them now. Hopes this fixes that problem

Wow no wonder! Glad you figured out what the problem was iCrank!

darkstar2007 said:
Wow no wonder! Glad you figured out what the problem was iCrank!

It sucks. I cleaned out my email and its still there. Hey darkstar how did you do it. I'm flustered

iCrank said:
It sucks. I cleaned out my email and its still there. Hey darkstar how did you do it. I'm flustered

Well I read an article a while back that showed everything I could check. Mine was temporary Internet files. Let me do some serious digging. I'll find that article for you.

iCrank said:

Well I read an article a while back that showed everything I could check. Mine was temporary Internet files. Let me do some serious digging. I'll find that article for you.

ok thanks. i also have an idea what it could be. I synced my phone to two pcs and im thinking its the music that was left behind from the other pc

iCrank said:
ok thanks. i also have an idea what it could be. I synced my phone to two pcs and im thinking its the music that was left behind from the other pc

It could be that, and since you have a big iTunes library you might have a lot of sub folders that's taking up space.

Ok if you have iFile or ssh follow this path and see if you have a bunch of these sub folders. If you do follow these steps.

/private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music/

You will see a bunch of numbered folders. Delete all of them, reboot your device and re-sync with iTunes.

NEVERMIND! don't do this. I just tried to see if it'd work and it deleted all of my music. I didn't have much and the music backed up but it's a pain lol.

Last edited:
iCrank said:
I used ssh

Ok try this. I just went into /var/mobile/library/safeharbor and found a bunch of saved stuff I had for apps I've deleted. That could be taking up some of the space. I tried it myself and everythings ok. I only deleted old app saved files I've deleted in the past!

darkstar2007 said:
Ok try this. I just went into /var/mobile/library/safeharbor and found a bunch of saved stuff I had for apps I've deleted. That could be taking up some of the space. I tried it myself and everythings ok. I only deleted old app saved files I've deleted in the past!

I'll give that a shot...well nothing is in there

Last edited:
darkstar2007 said:
Man. Idk. You don't have much installed from cydia right? I ask because everything cydia is classified in "other"

I'll look into it.