What's new

How to change my name on "Find My Friends" app?

NinnJinn

Reaction score
I have googled and haven't found anything.

All my friends' names are correct, but when it comes to my name, it comes up as a close friend of mine's business name...

My name is Mike, but on my phone as well as wife and friends' phones it comes up as "Mike Mission Vending".

How do I change it to just me??!!! Also FYI my friend mike mission vending doesn't have an iPhone.

The name which appear on your FMF app is the one you once set up when you were creating your iTunes account. To change it, open up iTunes on your computer, click on iTunes store, log in iTunes store using your user name and your password. Once you are login, click again on your name (email address showing up at top right on iTunes), enter your password and you will land to a page where you can change your account information including your displaying name of course.

OK, I think I know what you are saying... but everything checked out ok. but still not working...

3758afd5.jpg

b136ad2b.jpg

If you have a mac, open your address book (Applications > Address Book) and specify to look at your iCloud or All contacts. Scroll through your contacts and Jake will probably have a silhouette of a head next to his name indicating that iCloud thinks Jake is you. Click on your name to bring up your contact info (or create it if you haven't yet) and then in the task bar at the top of the screen click on "Card" and then click "Make this My Card" and you should be set. If you don't have a mac, I'm not sure how to fix it on Windows or iOS but the problem is most likely the same