What's new

How to backup Iphone4 Contacts/Text Messages/photos and videos onto my PC with Itunes

Sorry to be so dumb, but I am compltely new to Itunes and Iphones...but is there anything special I need to do in Itunes to ensure the contacts and pcitures are saved or does the action of syncing create automatic backup of the contacts and pictures and messages.

Thanks for your kind assistance, you are most helpful on this forum.

1). Download MyContacts Backup from AppStore. It is free, and very easy to use, you just create a vcf file of all the contacts by clicking the backup button, then email it to yourself, and then when you are done with the restore, you access that email from your phone and click on the attachment and it will restore your contacts back to your phone.

2) Photos and videos you just pull from your device where it is recognized as a USB drive in "My Computer".

3) As for text messages, you would have to pull them out via iBackupExtractor or something similar (you have to go to var/mobile/library/SMS/sms.db and copy that db file to your desktop and then put it back.

4) Go to itunes, right click on your device and do TRANSFER PURCHASES (to get your apps into itunes), and then right click again and do BACKUP IPHONE.

5) For the music, if you have it on your computer, you can just sync it back later with itunes.

6) IMPORTANT: Remember to do SETUP AS NEW when the restore process asks you to (do NOT do update, do RESTORE, it is better).

7) After you are done with your restore/setup as new, then you can sync your stuff back.

Can't you use iTuens and iCloud? No other program needed.