What's new

How stupid is this...on the off chance anyone from Apple cares

MikeOliverAZ

Reaction score
I have an app that is bigger than 100 mb. So I cannot download it except via wifi or via iTunes on my laptop. So my iPhone 5 LTE gets 42 mbps peak at my office building. The wifi in the office is 2 mbps tops early in the day or late in the evening. So I use my iphone 5 LET to hotspot for my laptop and use itunes on my laptop to download the same app, so I can sync it to my iphone....how stupid is that?

Back in the day when 3g or Edge was the most common, then it made sense, now it doesn't.

XxxxEdit final line Xxxx
Please think before you post admin

This is a safety feature for people who do not have unlimited. Although I would like to have the option to choose my own settings lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an app that is bigger than 100 mb. So I cannot download it except via wifi or via iTunes on my laptop. So my iPhone 5 LTE gets 42 mbps peak at my office building. The wifi in the office is 2 mbps tops early in the day or late in the evening. So I use my iphone 5 LET to hotspot for my laptop and use itunes on my laptop to download the same app, so I can sync it to my iphone....how stupid is that?

Back in the day when 3g or Edge was the most common, then it made sense, now it doesn't. Xxxx remove final line Xxx admin
2.7t is correct. Try getting an unlimited wifi connection at home. I have one and apps over 1 GB downloads smoothly. :)

Behappy, you miss the point. I dont want to pay for higher bandwidth since my iphone LTE is plenty fast enough. Its the lack of giving me the option to use it, when i can use it through my lsptop anyway. Big brother Apple deciding for me is the Apple way, just sometimes it is stupid.

Mo

Behappy, you miss the point. I dont want to pay for higher bandwidth since my iphone LTE is plenty fast enough. Its the lack of giving me the option to use it, when i can use it through my lsptop anyway. Big brother Apple deciding for me is the Apple way, just sometimes it is stupid.

Mo
I agree its lack of giving option but then that's not unique to you, everyone experiences it. BTW, I was not talking about the bandwidth. I was talking about the data plan. Unlimited data plan is one where you have to pay fixed amount of money for as much browsing you want to do, even if it is null.

It's not ideal, I remember a time it used to be 30mb... but if you do jailbreak there is an app called 3g un restrictor which you can take away this limit, works for 4G (LTE) as well.. might be worth jailbreaking even if its just to get that one app and you would not lose any performance for just one tweak