What's new

How much is a used iphone 4 worth?

Grimreaper

Reaction score
I've seen the prices online of stores selling them new, But I want a word from you guys.
It is a 16gb iphone 4, Good condition, no major flaws, On the AT&T network. My friend will sell it to me But I want to make sure he's not ripping me off. Whats a fair or slightly cheap price for his iphone 4?

Whats more important is his account standing. Get to use the phone to call AT&T to find out if the phone can be activated and the account has gone to the end of its contract. If all is good ask AT&T to UNLOCK the phone (AFTER YOU BUY IT). It will be worth more in the marketplace immediately after the unlock, which is as good as a "Factory Unlock".

I did just that and am now using the iPhone on T-Mobile but can switch to AT&T if I so choose. As far as its current value, check eBay and Craigslist to see what traffic will bear. This should also be an indicator of just how good a friend he really is. Or at least how honest his dealings are with you.

Good luck.

If this reply helps you send me lots of cash in an unmarked plain paper envelope. Or not.

Thank you.

Interesting. It is unlocked and fairly good in condition, should give you $150

I'll agree with the above $$ amounts that have been put out there. Anywhere between $150 - $200 for a used in good condition and updated w/ the latest iOS and Baseband. However, just to add a little bit, an iPhone 4 w/ a preserved lower Baseband is worth a bit more to individuals who are wishing to use Unlocked. An iPhone 4 w/ a preserved Baseband of 1.59.00 will bring the most $$ from someone who's wishing to Unlock.... since that's the only BB on the iPhone 4 that supports the ultrasn0w "software" Unlock.

WoW............my Modem Firmware shows: 05.16.06

Curious though. Why do folks call the Modem Firmware as shown on the phone: Baseband? I don't see anything from Apple to suggest this.

Thomasjtsi said:
I'll agree with the above $$ amounts that have been put out there. Anywhere between $150 - $200 for a used in good condition and updated w/ the latest iOS and Baseband. However, just to add a little bit, an iPhone 4 w/ a preserved lower Baseband is worth a bit more to individuals who are wishing to use Unlocked. An iPhone 4 w/ a preserved Baseband of 1.59.00 will bring the most $$ from someone who's wishing to Unlock.... since that's the only BB on the iPhone 4 that supports the ultrasn0w "software" Unlock.

Here in Canada they sell for between $350 and $500! On Kijiji and Bargain Finder. This is just for a 16G

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net