What's new

How much do you pay for gas?

Its too dear in the UK to measure it in gallons. Lol. It's currently just under £6 a gallon for petrol here so over $9 your money...

Oh wow. That would cost me $126 to fill up my car, sometimes twice a week?

Oh Hell No. I won't ever complain again. I am sorry Gaz. :(

Unleashed said:
In uk pounds its more like £80 but 126 is converting to dollars.. you guys pay nothing for gas lol

1.49 EUR=1.99437 USD

£80 is a lot I'll have you know. To most families in the UK that's a weekly shop. And most families have to choose. Shop or petrol (gas) its governments who take the money. We should do what the French did!

£80 is a lot I'll have you know. To most families in the UK that's a weekly shop. And most families have to choose. Shop or petrol (gas) its governments who take the money. We should do what the French did!

I wold chose the gas! LOL or go to some where cheap like aldi where you can buy the whole of the store for 5 euros

Unleashed said:
I wold chose the gas! LOL or go to some where cheap like aldi where you can buy the whole of the store for 5 euros

(Laughs out loud) Aldi has come on a long way. Some cracking bargains in Aldi and better quality. I'm gonna buy the 4 bird roast from there for £9.99

I agree I alway choose the petrol and make the kids go Hungary. Priorities eh!

(Laughs out loud) Aldi has come on a long way. Some cracking bargains in Aldi and better quality. I'm gonna buy the 4 bird roast from there for £9.99

I agree I alway choose the petrol and make the kids go Hungary. Priorities eh!

you know it! :D

but joking aside, If I had to chose out of one and I had kids of course I would chose the food and put just enough petrol to go where I need to like work and of course aldi or asda would help instead of sainsburies, but because I have no wife or kids I can spend money on pointless things like every device apple releases or cars or petrol for the car lol..

Last edited:
Unleashed said:
you know it! :D

but joking aside, If I had to chose out of one and I had kids of course I would chose the food and put just enough petrol to go where I need to like work and of course aldi or asda would help instead of sainsburies, but because I have no wife or kids I can spend money on pointless things like every device apple releases or cars or petrol for the car lol..

Oh you make me soooooooo jealous ha ha

I remember not that long ago it as under £1 a ltr! Hovering around £1.30 here in Scotland for petrol. Was £1.33 a fortnight ago...
seems like every time you go to fill up its gone up again,no one seems to be regulating it in the uk,you have opec or whoever,the petrol station itself and then the government all fleecing us,government being the biggest culprits,its gone way beyond a joke

seems like every time you go to fill up its gone up again,no one seems to be regulating it in the uk,you have opec or whoever,the petrol station itself and then the government all fleecing us,government being the biggest culprits,its gone way beyond a joke

One of the biggest money spinners for the government is fuel tax considering how cheap it is to extract. Will the government ever pass this onto the average human? I fear not. We have to choose to drive and do have to pay the price. I opted out of driving for 12 months 2 years ago when prices went over £1 a litre. I paid £11.50 per week for a bus ticket, that's £46 per month along with the inconvenience of waiting for buses in the cold and rain. When I gave this up and went back to my car I was putting in £45 per month. So public transport isn't any cheaper and takes 3 times as long. Yes petrol is expensive but we have to except that regardless, or spend a £1 more and use a bus.

iHolophyte

By the way I realise that petrol has now increased to £1.37 a litre and bus passes are still £11.50 so now it will be around £15 cheaper but give me my car anyway.

iHolophyte