What's new

How Many people are using SIRI on Daily Basis

Well, here in uk it's a man and he just doesn't get our sport. I asked for a recent football game and he told me about some American game! It's very hit and miss. You do need to know exactly what you are going to say otherwise you get questions asking you to search the Internet or can you repeat that. He doesn't have a problem with my accent even though I'm South African cross UK English. Anything to do with America of course,is excellent.

I didn't know that Siri was a man for you all in the UK! Do you think if you specified UK football he would pick it up better, Hayles?

Not me as i think its a product in development

For me Siri is a powerful tool. When you learn all the proper syntax necessary to get the desired task done - Siri works perfectly. I use it daily. It works exactly as Apple programmed it to work. The 'remind when when I arrive at X /am leaving X feature is just amazing.

Skimonkey said:
I didn't know that Siri was a man for you all in the UK! Do you think if you specified UK football he would pick it up better, Hayles?

Well, I had to rephrase with exact names and places to get it but pointless when googling it was quicker. Someone said to me it's because I don't ask it more English football questions and then he would know what I'm on about. Problem is, I'm so used to googling it that I forget my man Siri.

Well, I had to rephrase with exact names and places to get it but pointless when googling it was quicker. Someone said to me it's because I don't ask it more English football questions and then he would know what I'm on about. Problem is, I'm so used to googling it that I forget my man Siri.

By habit, google is my first choice also. I keep forgetting Siri is a feature on our phone!!

You can ask Siri to look it up in Google FOR you. ;)

If Siri was a man that would make that episode of The Big Bang Theory a little awkward :) I don't know how I'd handle that haha

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

I'm not sure. I'll need to ask!

Nope! He says he's called Siri. He doesn't respond to Daniel at all and asks if I need to look on the web for Daniel. Lol.

Yes, the Big Bang Theory would have been different but heck I thought there was a special relationship between him and Howard. Lol. Love that episode too. You can just imagine a male or female in this computer room talking to all of us. I see Apple are interviewing for Siri to make him/her more individual.

Last edited:
His name is Daniel? How nice is that!!

Does he introduce himself as Daniel also?
no,there was an article about it on the tv and they were talking about it,someone said that the voice for the UK Siri is a man called Daniel.

Yes, I knew that but I was kind of hoping he would call himself Daniel too. Siri is kind of impersonal, if you know what I mean. What kind of name is that. I do wish it was on my iphone 4 as well. It looks weird when I talk to my iPad lol.

I rarely even touch Siri. I think the only time I would really use Siri is if I want a particular song or artist's playlist to pull up when I'm listening to my music :p Google is always the go-to. iOS 5's Siri isn't that 'well-rounded' since she would completely twist my words around sometimes, or she would pull up Google in the same amount of time it takes for me to pull up Google and Google the question @.@

Tell her something and she will understand something else

The most annoying app ever 👎

aox4121 said:
You can ask Siri to look it up in Google FOR you. ;)

Oh sure you an. But Siris reply would be...I do not know what boogie is.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1