What's new

How many HOURS in a DAY do you use your iPhone?

OJsakila said:
Now I'm really confused. LOL

Do I really need to go thru that "plug in plug out plug in again" stuff? If so, why did this happen and how come I cant find any google searches relating to this problem?

You can try it. It might work. It still just seems like something you've installed from cydia has made your menu layout different. Thus making your usage menu disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Off the phone while it's been charging. Leave it at charge full night. When you wake up in the morning, on the phone while it's still charging, once it finish booting up completely, perform a hard reset (push down home and power buttons at the same time until the screen goes black and comes back on with the white apple logo, then you release both keys) after the phone boot up, wait 1mn, unplug the charger, wait 1mn and plug it back, go to settings> general> usage/ if the usage time shows - then unplug and plug back the charger, if the usage time shows 0 then make sure that you have the FULL CHARGE icon in the battery, not the thunder icon.
After seeing the fully charged icon, and that the usage reading 0 then you can unplug the charger from the phone. Make sure that you don't plug in the USB cable and connect it to a computer during usage time, otherwise usage time will not be valid anymore since the battery is taking charge once you connect it to a computer. Let us know how it works out.

Ok. You seem quite knowledgeable/reputable around here so I figure I should give this a try.
I'm thinking I should wait until tomorrow since I'm off Wednesday and I use my phone as an alarm.. ..I get up at 5am tomorrow morning..lol

I'll let u know how it works out.. :)

Off the phone while it's been charging. Leave it at charge full night. When you wake up in the morning, on the phone while it's still charging, once it finish booting up completely, perform a hard reset (push down home and power buttons at the same time until the screen goes black and comes back on with the white apple logo, then you release both keys) after the phone boot up, wait 1mn, unplug the charger, wait 1mn and plug it back, go to settings> general> usage/ if the usage time shows - then unplug and plug back the charger, if the usage time shows 0 then make sure that you have the FULL CHARGE icon in the battery, not the thunder icon.
After seeing the fully charged icon, and that the usage reading 0 then you can unplug the charger from the phone. Make sure that you don't plug in the USB cable and connect it to a computer during usage time, otherwise usage time will not be valid anymore since the battery is taking charge once you connect it to a computer. Let us know how it works out.

Ok. You seem quite knowledgeable/reputable around here so I figure I should give this a try.
I'm thinking I should wait until tomorrow since I'm off Wednesday and I use my phone as an alarm.. ..I get up at 5am tomorrow morning..lol

oh you didnt know. bab is the man around these parts.

Maybe between 3 and 4 hours a day, sometimes more depending on work.

Really? I will do a low profil this week then :)

bab2010 said:
His problem is he's downloaded something from cydia that's removed his usage menu. He posted a screenshot below. I have no idea what tweak does that!

Hoo :( i just saw his screenshot. The usage tab is missing. Yet I also have no clue about what could be the cause of that. I though that the device just couldn't read the usage time.

no no no, my suggested method will not restore the missing USAGE tab and section. It could only recalibrate the device to well read the usage time. Sorry that I didn't saw the screenshot with the missing usage tab which suppose to be under the about tab. Also I don't know a work around that missing usage tab. I would just hard reset, if it doesn't work then I will factory restore and jailbreak again.

bab2010 said:
no no no, my suggested method will not restore the missing USAGE tab and section. It could only recalibrate the device to well read the usage time. Sorry that I didn't saw the screenshot with the missing usage tab which suppose to be under the about tab. Also I don't know a work around that missing usage tab. I would just hard reset, if it doesn't work then I will factory restore and jailbreak again.

Ah man I hate that for him. I thought that might be his only option. Sorry man! :(

I don't know if it is becuase it is new, but I am on it a fews hours a day as well!

Really? I will do a low profil this week then :)

lol...no low pro's ride big bab'...we need you

If I were you I would restore back to 4.3.3. Check to see if that solves your problem (it should) then jailbreak again using jailbreakme.com...

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...downgrade-preserve-firmware-your-iphone-9736/

I didnt even think about usage until I read this thread which had me reaching for my phone to check the usage option !

Im just happy I get 1-2 days full use out of it !

Happy days.

Look what I did!

photo1.png

I'm not sure what I did but I think a bigboss tweak might have effected it since I only got thru the C's in a very long list of installed packages in cydia. lol..

OJsakila said:
Look what I did!

I'm not sure what I did but I think a bigboss tweak might have effected it since I only got thru the C's in a very long list of installed packages in cydia. lol..

Great! I'm glad you finally got that sorted out :D!

^^ thanks I'm pretty happy that I was able to somehow re-access the usage menu.

Now that I have, is this where your usage menu is found? Why was I thinking that it was inside the about menu?