What's new

How long long will it take to update to ios5

*evil cackle* I downloaded it over a dedicated gigabit connection. The download was less than a minute.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

I got the 3200 error too! The backup takes over an hour.

My phone is jail broken (Verizon), If I decide to upgrade to ios 5 is there anything special I would have to do prior to installing it? Not sure if i'm going to do it just wondering?

Thanks

I got the error as well after 2hours of download then failed during back up!! Gutted

I have been stuck in Backup for almost an hour, after finally getting itunes to stay connected. has crashed numerous times today.

Took me about 30 mind for both backup and firmware install

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Just started mine and it says 3 hrs on cable, just speed tested on my iPad at 17 Mbps. Been downloading for 15 min and downloaded 105 mb so far

I was only able to get one orginal iPad and a iPad2 done today. I'm currently working on a iPhone 4, wait until you get the double contacts and calander events because of Moble Me and the new iCloud. That took a level 3 tech at Apple - but they provided outstanding customer service and will be calling ME tomorrow to make sure everything is working as expected. ThePhotog

It took 1 hr and 7 mins from download to instal to completely finished i have dsl wirless

When i had trouble downloading ios 4 i synced my iphone then restored it. New software loaded on the iphone then i selected from the list to use the previous sync i just did and it was alot quicker. If you have trouble maybe you can try this way

How do you get a hold of apple tech? I still haven't gotten my email, and I saw on the community at apple, that quite a few others had the same problem.

I have not tried updating my Iphone 4 or Ipad 2 but I did update my 4th gen ipod touch. It took 6 minutes to download the iOS about another 10 minutes for the back up and restore portion of the conversion. The longest time was when it restored the apps back to the Ipod 40 minutes and another 5 minutes to restore my music and videos. After it was done I followed the on screen prompts to complete setup on the ipod then found a bunch of iOS 5 updates for a bunch of apps I had.
I'm going to wait on updating the iphone 4 and ipad 2 a while yet

I've been updating my 4th gen iPod for about 4 hours now and it's not even close to being done. Any suggestions?

Did mine last night with a 3gs and took about an hour and a half for software and another hour to put everything back on. I do have slow internet connection though