What's new

How does a new app get noticed with no budget?

Jbeed1

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently made a professional u turn in my life and with some (Erherm... lots of) technical help created a new app for iPhone. I really like it and think its a good idea (I guess I would) but how the bejesus are you meant to get a new app noticed on the App Store without tonnes of money (which I'm in short supply of).

By the way it's called trovi and is an app for local independent businesses. It is meant to create a community of people who like buying stuff or going to stuff that's run by local businesses in their area and once enough people use it the owner of any local business (which has been added by the users) can claim their business and promote themselves with offers and vouchers and stuff.
Anyway, I had 10 downloads last week and I think they were from my mum, dad and cousins.... Any advice much appreciated. Thanks, James.

From one newbie to another, welcome to the site. Each enthusiast site (internet search) usually has a separate section for app announcements. I would go to each one and post an introduction for your app. All you have to do is to register for the site, no expense on your part. At least this is a start. Good luck with your app.