What's new

How do i transfer all my data

rickyd

Reaction score
Vids piks itunes purchases ect from my 3gs to my iphone4 pls help?

rickyd said:
Vids piks itunes purchases ect from my 3gs to my iphone4 pls help?

Backup your phone using iTunes. Right click on the device in iTunes and choose backup...and you'll also see a transfer your purchases there as well. To sync the ip4 do the same thing except you will choose restore from backup

Cheers buddy ..so i plug my 3gs in and it should tel me how to backup ? ...then how long does that take also i want to give my gf my old phone so how do i restore it to brandnew so its blank n she can set up her own itunes ect

Also does it atomaticaly tranafer everything my vids piks songs off old phone and onto new or do i hv to repeat fr each one mate?

rickyd said:
Cheers buddy ..so i plug my 3gs in and it should tel me how to backup ? ...then how long does that take also i want to give my gf my old phone so how do i restore it to brandnew so its blank n she can set up her own itunes ect

I gave you the instructions on how to backup your 3GS in my previous post. it shouldn't take long, it depends on what you have stored. One thing I forgot to mention is that when you connect your 3GS to your computer you should see a pop up asking you if you want to import your pics. Click yes.
Once you backup your device, click the restore the device by choosing restore on the iTunes summary. It's located right under the update button. If you're jailbroken you will lose the jailbreak. Once the device has restored and boots back up it will ask you if you want to restore from a backup or start fresh. Choose start fresh and give it to your girlfriend and she'll be able to activate it and start using.

How do i get my stuff off itunes onton ip4 now it keeps trying to automaticly bkup this phone

Hw do i send everything off itunes onto this also hw to get saved piks onto this

Everything went well saved it all to itunes now wv my new phone as soon as i plug it in it trys to mke me update phone if i dont it jus starts to sync then automaticly starts backing up onto itunes? So not sure how to send my vids and things onto this now?

rickyd said:
Everything went well saved it all to itunes now wv my new phone as soon as i plug it in it trys to mke me update phone if i dont it jus starts to sync then automaticly starts backing up onto itunes? So not sure how to send my vids and things onto this now?

Go into the iTunes summary and click manually add music and such. Then drag whyever you want from your library to iphone. You're vids should be in movies if you added them to itunes

dont you have to change the movie to a jpeg or something like that in order to transfer them?