What's new

How do I restore disabled iPhone 3g

hockeypuck

Reaction score
I found this phone while plowing snow so it is not stolen. I've posted it in the craigslist lost and found section for a month and no responses. The sim card has been disabled and the screen is all smashed up so I doubt anyone is looking for it, there is a passcode lock so I cant open it to get to the contacts list and inform someone that I have found their phone. I already have the 4s so I just want to use it for a beater iPod to throw around. So with that being said, I tried to restore it by putting it in recovery mode and right after it says extracting software I get error 3194, then the phone restarts and it locked once again saying it is disabled. Any other way to restore it or does the phone belong in the garbage.

Thanks

hockeypuck said:
I found this phone while plowing snow so it is not stolen. I've posted it in the craigslist lost and found section for a month and no responses. The sim card has been disabled and the screen is all smashed up so I doubt anyone is looking for it, there is a passcode lock so I cant open it to get to the contacts list and inform someone that I have found their phone. I already have the 4s so I just want to use it for a beater iPod to throw around. So with that being said, I tried to restore it by putting it in recovery mode and right after it says extracting software I get error 3194, then the phone restarts and it locked once again saying it is disabled. Any other way to restore it or does the phone belong in the garbage.

Thanks

It looks like whoever lost it could have blocked it as in reported it lost or stolen..use the search button on here..somebody will be on here soon with a fix