What's new

How do I get rid of the U2 songs put there by the iphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that you followed all the links and instructions in the previous posts and the U2 songs are still on your iPhone? If so, there's likely something wrong with your iPhone because those songs are delectable from your iPhone just like any other songs on your iPhone. The link you were provided was to remove the songs from your purchase history. Have you considered making a Genius Bar appointment to have your iPhone checked out? They can also help you get those songs deleted once and for all.

Last edited:
Perhaps the OP would benefit from putting the phone down and taking a break? I find that, after a break, my mind is clear and I am able to handle things without my efforts being clouded by frustrations.

Are you saying that you followed all itch links and instructions in the previous posts and the U2 songs are still on your iPhone? If so, there's likely something wrong with your iPhone because those songs are delectable from your iPhone just like any other songs on your iPhone. The link you were provided was to remove the songs from your purchase history. Have you considered making a Genius Bar appointment to have your iPhone checked out? They can also help you get those songs deleted once and for all.
Yes, I have.

We're trying to help with your problem, but you don't accept the advice you're getting, and don't even give them a try?
I did. What you told me about not syncing had nothing to do with this topic. I have just accepted that the other situation was part of Apple's screwed up software and have fixed that problem for my benefit.

Perhaps the OP would benefit from putting the phone down and taking a break? I find that, after a break, my mind is clear and I am able to handle things without my efforts being clouded by frustrations.
Been there. Done that. Still no progress.

Been there. Done that. Still no progress.
Ok, just thought it might help. I've been on iPhones since 2012 (I was an Android developer before that), been in these forums a while. There are some very knowledgeable folks here giving you some very good advice. I just thought a break might help clear your mind a bit.

Ok, just thought it might help. I've been on iPhones since 2012 (I was an Android developer before that), been in these forums a while. There are some very knowledgeable folks here giving you some very good advice. I just thought a break might help clear your mind a bit.
It's good advice that helps many times, but I guess with what I have to work with here, I just have to accept it until I get a better phone.

You keep saying that. It sounds like you have decided that any phone but an iPhone would be better. But it also looks like you have decided the advise given doesn't apply but it does. It sound like you prefer Android and if IOS doesn't mimic Android it is either inferior or the advise is incorrect. You are entitled to your opinion but your facts may be faulty. You know it is possible you iPhone has never functioned properly because you tried setting it up like an Android phone. Regardless, if you only want to dismiss the advise given and then grumble that your iPhone is an inferior product, may I suggest it is time to trade it in and acquire a phone you will be happy with? I have alwYs been able to sell my old June's to offset the price of the new one and perhaps you can do the same. Good luck.

Last edited:
The advice you were given in order to delete the U2 album from your iPhone is guaranteed to work. It has worked with everyone who has ever tried it, except you. The only explanation is that there is a defect in your iPhone. Did you have a diagnostic done to check?

You keep saying that. It sounds like you have decided that any phone but an iPhone would be better.
They are.

But it also looks like you have decided the advise given doesn't apply but it does..
I don't know why you would say that since I have done everything I have been told to do.

It sound like you prefer Android and if IOS doesn't mimic Android it is either inferior or the advise is incorrect. You are entitled to your opinion but your facts may be faulty. You know it is possible you iPhone has never functioned properly because you tried setting it up like an Android phone.
I have never said anything about an Android phone. One of the few phones I haven't had but I'm sure it's lots better than the iphone.

Regardless, if you only want to dismiss the advise given and then grumble that your iPhone is an inferior product, may I suggest it is time to trade it in and acquire a phone you will be happy with?
Not sure where you are getting that I haven't done what I have been advised, but I have. The problem is that the iphone IS a piece of crap when it comes to functionality. I have had several brands of phones and the iphone is by far the worst when it comes to reliability and user friendly.

Not sure what I was getting at? Well, your phone model came out in 2011 and has now been discontinued. You are unhappy with it and indicate you find other phones to be superior. Then perhaps you should sell it and get a phone that you will be happy with. Life is too short.

Status
Not open for further replies.