What's new

How do I delete the U2 album "Songs of Innocence" ?

wilster2012

Reaction score
As I understand it, the U2 album "Songs of Innocence" was sent to peoples phones and other devices as a freebie. I don't mean to upset any U2 fans, but U2 is just not my cup of tea.
I do not connect to a computer to update my songs etc. All of my music is music I have downloaded directly to my phone. So the question is, how do I delete this album that I don't like and takes up space on my device and comes on while I'm trying to enjoy music I do like?

Thanks

Hi wilster to removed this U2 album pls
Go to SOI Removal
Click Remove Album to confirm you'd like to remove the album from your account.
Sign in with the Apple ID and password you use to buy from the iTunes Store.
You'll see a confirmation message that the album has been removed from your account.
If you downloaded the songs to iTunes on your Mac or PC or to the Music app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you'll need to delete them manually.

If you downloaded the album for free by clicking or tapping Free in the iTunes Store, and you confirm you want to remove it, the album will be hidden from your Purchased list. You can unhide it from your Account Settings at any time.[emoji4]

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6 128g using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi wilster to removed this U2 album pls
Go to SOI Removal
Click Remove Album to confirm you'd like to remove the album from your account.
Sign in with the Apple ID and password you use to buy from the iTunes Store.
You'll see a confirmation message that the album has been removed from your account.
If you downloaded the songs to iTunes on your Mac or PC or to the Music app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you'll need to delete them manually.

If you downloaded the album for free by clicking or tapping Free in the iTunes Store, and you confirm you want to remove it, the album will be hidden from your Purchased list. You can unhide it from your Account Settings at any time.[emoji4]

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6 128g using Tapatalk

Thanks, that worked.

I don't know why Apple just didn't mark the album as paid for all registered iTunes accounts. This way the album could be downloaded and removed whenever required. Instead Apple added the album in a way that even if you removed the tracks locally the album still shows, with download links in iTunes. Most iTunes users are happy with getting anything for free but this permanent presence is what most users are annoyed with. The only fix Apple provides is the above link and the option to either put up with the permanent visibility or completely remove the album from the account so the tracks would need to be paid if a future download was ever required. This marketing method surprised me from one of the best product marketing companies in the world.