What's new

How do I deal with spam?

ardchoille

Reaction score
I'm using the mail app on my iPhone 6 and am receiving a high amount of spam. I look at the sender's name or address and can see that it's spam so I just send it to the trash without reading it.

Is there a way to have it sent directly to the trash so my inbox never sees it? I'm getting tired of having my time wasted with junk mail.

Which kind of email account do you use?

If it's iCloud, here's what you can do about it:
Identify and filter junk mail in iCloud - Apple Support

In Gmail, you can create rules to filter your emails. That can't be done in the Mail app, you'll have to do this using a browser.

Outlook also has an option to separate spam mails, also not in the built in Mail app, afaik.

Which kind of email account do you use?

If it's iCloud, here's what you can do about it:
Identify and filter junk mail in iCloud - Apple Support

In Gmail, you can create rules to filter your emails. That can't be done in the Mail app, you'll have to do this using a browser.

Outlook also has an option to separate spam mails, also not in the built in Mail app, afaik.
I have been following those suggestions for over a year, it doesn't help. I'm beginning to think that iCloud mail is years behind other email services as far as maturity is concerned.

It's also possible to set up rules for iCloud. You'd have to do this on a computer, or request the desktop site on your iDevice, and login.
Here's how it works:
iCloud: Filter email automatically
oh, I never knew iCloud mail could do this. I'll begin setting up some rules. Thank you very much, this looks like exactly what I need.