What's new

How did you reduce ATT bill??? IN OVER MY HEAD!!!!

First thing I'd do is download the AT&T My Wireless app (it's free) It tells you how many minutes you've used/have left, how many texts and how much data, in almost real time. There is also a 1500/month text for $15 or 200/month for $5 extra - unless you're texting 24/7. You can also pay your bill with it.
Hope this helps.
Jimwarmsands

If I read this right, you are not under contract. If so you have no obligation to ATT.

Get a Pay as you Go fone from Walmart. $19.95 and buy minutes you can afford monthly.

I pay 250$ for two iPhones an android and a BB torch!all 2100 mins unlimited textin and 2GB for the iPhones and 200mb for the two other phones
Plus insurance on the iPhones wow i can't complain!

I pay $45 for unlimited talk, text, and data on Straight Talk, which uses AT&T towers. With my iPhone 4.

humm why didn't you just go with sprint it's unlimited??

We have 3 iPhones on our account...we have the 700 minutes w/rollover plan, 2GB Data Pro on all 3 phones, Unlimited Text Messaging with free anytime mobile to ANY mobile, insurance on all 3 phones and our bill runs $230 a month...which in my opinion isn't bad for having 3 iPhones. None of us have used even half or our 2GB each yet...due to us having WiFi nearly every where we frequent.

robredd72 said:
Ok so I splurged $200 and got an iphone. I put it on a girlfriends account to get a better rate plan. But then we fell out, and she promptly had me cut off! So I went to the att store, and they said no problem, let me keep the number, took me off her account, and said I am not under contract. Cool! My problem is that ATT is so damn expensive. I really should have waited to get this phone on another network. I just wanted an iphone 4 NOW! So I am stuck with ATT. So I am looking for your tips on lowering the bill in any way. So far I have the plan with the 200mb data, 900 anytime, and unlimited texting. It's way to expensive at over $100 a month!!!!!!!! I thought about the 450 plan, but really need to see my first months bill to see my anytime minute average usage. I would kill the data plan all together but I think you have to carry the 200mb to own an iphone? Pay per text might shave a few bucks? Any suggestions might help. Keep in mind I am not under contract, so I dont think Ill get any perks customer that have been with att recieve. I ideally dream of a $50 Att bill but know that is not likely to happen. So I will settle for around $75.

Here us what I did. I purchased my iPhone 4s from a seller on eBay who had a 99% positive feedback. Price 535 plus 8.00 shipping. Seller wanted 580.00 but accepted my offer of 535.

I use the phone with WIFI calling where I pay 39.99 per year and get 300 minutes a month with the option to purchase more time if necessary. I do not post the name of the service because of advertising. I do not use that much calling time. Plus I can still get the unlimited plan for 14,95 a month. Here is a photo of the ad of the phone that I won.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Attachments

• $image-3602298929.jpg
    $image-3602298929.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 583
farmer.david11 said:
I was also getting heavy bills. So to get rid of it, I joined a VoIP service provider. I tried some and now I am using Voxcorp. They offer a good voip app for iphones, which is easy to use and you can start calling as soon as you install the app.

Same here but different service. Good choice.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Last edited:
farmer.david11 said:
I was also getting heavy bills. So to get rid of it, I joined a VoIP service provider. I tried some and now I am using Voxcorp. They offer a good voip app for iphones, which is easy to use and you can start calling as soon as you install the app.

I looked on their web page. Where is the iPhone service. I did not see that on there web page.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

I pay $45 for unlimited talk, text, and data on Straight Talk, which uses AT&T towers. With my iPhone 4.
yup.. I paid a cancelation fee of 250 (2 months I would have paid that.. ) And switched to straight talk and now paying 45 a month... Kept my number, and phone just paid 15 for a sim card. If you figure.. I paid $250 which would have been 2 months worth of payments.... but its worth it to get out. If your not in contract then for $60 ($15 for sim $45 for the minutes) you can just swap over to Straight talk and have the same service and 3g data and all