What's new

How can I increase app downloads?

BlackBlades2013

Reaction score
I have no idea how to increase my app downloads now, I have looked up some information about ASO, is it real helpful? What can I do? Is there any other way I can use to promote my app?

No answers here, sorry. I had to google ASO because I didn't even know what it was.

App store optimization (ASO) is the process of improving the visibility of a mobile app (such as an iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry or Windows Phone app) in an app store (such as iTunes for iOS, Google Play for Android,

Maybe a Developer Forum might be better able to help you.

Last edited:
It takes time, I think app itself should be exceptionally good. One of the best way to promote your app is by joining into developer's meeting (Off line).

Hi there,some research reports that more than 63% of app customers prefer browsing in app stores to discover new apps. Apparently, it is driving one important point here: ASO is extremely significant,which aims to boost your app ranking in the App Store. Based on my knowledge,here are some tips for you,hope my tips are useful to you.

Optimize your app keywords
A report shows around 7o% traffic of an app is from keyword searches. When you’re selecting a keyword, you need to take keyword relevance, traffic, and competition into account.
  • Tips on optimizing keywords to boost your app ranking
  • Don’t use spaces, use commas - The App Store algorithm reads both spaces and commas as separators.
  • Omit the connectors and save some spaces -
  • Use digits not words
  • Don’t repeat keywords - Repetition is not good for app store keyword ranking.
  • Plurals can be used for App store optimization。
  • Use shorter keywords so you get more key phrase combinations

Design a beautiful Icon
A beautiful icon will leave deep impression to the people who see it, which is also useful for attracting people to download and try your app. Besides the icon, comfortable app screenshots and awesome app video also has a very important effect on the app ranking in the app store.

Create a quality title
Data shows that the title contains keywords can improve 10.3% ranking in App Store, so be sure to put the main keywords in the title.

Get high ratings and positive reviews
These app which has more positive reviews and high rating ranks much higher than others.What's more, most apps with good reviews and 4-5 star ratings are featured on App Store.

If you know little about aso, you can consult professional aso companies, like Asotop1 or others, which can give your professional aso advice. And here are one more effecient promotion way, cooperate with influencers, most people like to follow others and be influenced by the words of some celebrities or well-known business people.Collaborate with these people can quickly build up your iOS apps’ identity and gain recognition in related fields.

if you can get recommended by app store... that can boost up a lot.

Sadly the App Store's latest design makes browsing hard. It also is impossible to arrange ratings by date or from bad to good making ratings useless.

Hi there,some research reports that more than 63% of app customers prefer browsing in app stores to discover new apps. Apparently, it is driving one important point here: ASO is extremely significant,which aims to boost your app ranking in the App Store. Based on my knowledge,here are some tips for you,hope my tips are useful to you.

Optimize your app keywords
A report shows around 7o% traffic of an app is from keyword searches. When you’re selecting a keyword, you need to take keyword relevance, traffic, and competition into account.
  • Tips on optimizing keywords to boost your app ranking
  • Don’t use spaces, use commas - The App Store algorithm reads both spaces and commas as separators.
  • Omit the connectors and save some spaces -
  • Use digits not words
  • Don’t repeat keywords - Repetition is not good for app store keyword ranking.
  • Plurals can be used for App store optimization。
  • Use shorter keywords so you get more key phrase combinations

Design a beautiful Icon
A beautiful icon will leave deep impression to the people who see it, which is also useful for attracting people to download and try your app. Besides the icon, comfortable app screenshots and awesome app video also has a very important effect on the app ranking in the app store.

Create a quality title
Data shows that the title contains keywords can improve 10.3% ranking in App Store, so be sure to put the main keywords in the title.

Get high ratings and positive reviews
These app which has more positive reviews and high rating ranks much higher than others.What's more, most apps with good reviews and 4-5 star ratings are featured on App Store.

If you know little about aso, you can consult professional aso companies, like Asotop1 or others, which can give your professional aso advice. And here are one more effecient promotion way, cooperate with influencers, most people like to follow others and be influenced by the words of some celebrities or well-known business people.Collaborate with these people can quickly build up your iOS apps’ identity and gain recognition in related fields.

This is very helpful. Thanks for posting. I had no idea there were companies dedicated to improving ASO.