What's new

Hopelessly trying to jailbreak 3GS iPhone on 5.0.1...

Stupe

Reaction score
Hi everybody !
So I basically have a 16gb iPhone 3GS , but I recently got a 32gb one, I really want to use it, but I have quite a few things I would like to have that request a jailbreak...

The problem is : this iPhone have been updated on the very last version 5.0.1, don't freak out, I'm on it for a while, I really checked up the internet before ending up here writing this thread....

I was starting on my MBP 15", I tried to jailbreak it with redsn0w, it wouldn't take the ISPW because as I seen it doesn't yet support the last version on jailbreak, I tried to restore the iPhone with a 5.0.0 IPSW, iTunes says my iPhone is not eligible for this built ( That's because we can't downgrade anymore, right?)
So I was beginning to lose my patience, the non-jailbroken iPhone wouldn't even boot up on the springboard because it needed to be activated with a SIM card I didn't have, so, I went on my windows boot camp partition, downloaded iH8sn0w the last version, everything went well, the jailbreak went perfectly well, and I finally managed to (hallelujah) get on the springboard without having to activate (I did every step with a tutorial) and NOW, I am stuck with the last problem : The iPhone says "No service" everything is working well, except this (I downloaded the cydia package "ultrasn0w", I tried to activate then de-activate the airplane mode etc etc....)

Any advice? My iPhone is the new boot version ...
Thanks you for your help

If you updated to stock iOS 5.0.1 that means you are on 4.11.08 baseband which is not unlockable. That is the reason you are getting the no service message.

Also to jailbreak 5.0.1 with redsn0w you have to point redsn0w to a 5.0 firmware(not try to restore 5.0 which is what you did and its not possible).

Moderation Notice:Edited For Offensive Language, signed iCrank
so my iPhone can't be jailbroken for the moment?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well D: that's a problem
Do you think it will be possible in the near future?

I was wondering, and if I ask the phone company to unlock it like some people do when they have been on the same contract for a while, will they be able to unlock it?

I was wondering, and if I ask the phone company to unlock it like some people do when they have been on the same contract for a while, will they be able to unlock it?

It is possible for the carrier the device is locked to, to unlock your phone for you, but that does not necessarily mean they will ;)

But there is no harm in asking. It will depend on their policies, where you are in the world, and also how far into the subsidised contract which was associated with the device you are... Good luck.

Last edited: