What's new

Home button

shaun2484

Reaction score
I replaced the screen and battery in my i phone 5 and now the home button does not work, the connections are fine and i have tried the old home button which i know works but still nothing.

Shaun.

I replaced the screen and battery in my i phone 5 and now the home button does not work, the connections are fine and i have tried the old home button which i know works but still nothing.

Shaun.
Your home button may be one of the small number of defective home buttons in the iPhone 5. Apple has a home button replacement program for qualifying iPhone 5 units. This site would tell you if your iPhone is one of them. iPhone 5 Sleep Wake Button Replacement Program - Apple Support
Unfortunately, by attempting your own repairs, your phone may no longer qualify.

There could also be hidden damage caused by your repairs that may be stopping the home button from working, especially since two different home buttons did not work.

hi thanks for getting back to me i have been mooching about and it looks like it might be pry damage from replacing the battery bu i hope not.

I hope it's not too serious and you're able to get it working again. It could get expensive if you have to take it to a repair shop.

It is repairable by replacing the logics of the Home Button. Not a hard repair, but a PITA one.

Hi guys

Just to say I've just replaced my power button, charging port section and battery myself as Apple would not replace any of them due to the phone being over two years since I bought it from the store ( theEDITED[emoji35][emoji35]) but anyway I done it all myself with the help of YouTube vids. But after finishing i noticed my home button wasn't working. I found out that the two metal pins in the phone need to be quite high in order for it connect to the screen connections. Which made my work now [emoji2][emoji2]. My phone is now as good as new can now wait for the iPhone 6s happy days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: