What's new

Hiding caller ID on iPhone 5

pfchavez

Reaction score
I have tried to block my phone number when making certain calls but have been unsuccessful. I have gone to setup and then phone tab but I don't see any options for blocking caller ID. Thanks for any seggestions. I'm using an iPhone 5 on verizon

Pretty easy actually to do.

*67 then continue with the phone number you wish to call and hit send.

It's only me that find you guys that dummy.
Go to settings, and phone then show my caller Id off.... That's it

It's only me that find you guys that dummy.
Go to settings, and phone then show my caller Id off.... That's it

Wow....

Verizon had Apple disable that feature a long time ago. So that menu item doesn't exist.

So you were saying what about a dummy?

I knew that ;) Just wanted to make him think next time he throws the word dummy around :D

If you have Verizon, here's a couple of screenshots showing what they offer (free of charge) for your request. From "My Verizon":

Attachments

• $Screen shot 2012-10-29 at 12.07.21 AM.png
    $Screen shot 2012-10-29 at 12.07.21 AM.png
    4 KB · Views: 14,252
  • $Screen shot 2012-10-29 at 12.07.44 AM.jpg
    $Screen shot 2012-10-29 at 12.07.44 AM.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 14,208
Skull - does that *67 work on cellphones also? I thought that only worked on landlines. I'll check it tomorrow when I get to my shop (providing Hurricane Sandy doesn't stop me - my shop is in an Evacuation Zone on the Jersey Shore)..

If you have Verizon, here's a couple of screenshots showing what they offer (free of charge) for your request. From "My Verizon":

The only issue I have with that system is its perfect efficiency. LOL! A lot of people won't even answer a blocked call. So keep that in mind. But yeah that is the ultimate solution.

dbplumb said:
I suspect that Prana06, like me, is not a Verizon customer so that menu item in fact does exist on his/her phone as it does on mine.

It exists on my phone as well. My carrier is SaskTel.

$image-1668651113.jpg

$image-1816087407.jpg

$image-1624064569.jpg

Last edited:
I must say sorry to the op. As an att customer I haver this option and didn't know that option was removed from some carriers. I don't see the point removing that when you can use * 82.

Hello everyone, I have Verizon. My number is blocked unless I unblock it. Call Verizon to have your # blocked. Verizon will do it for free.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net i5/64gb Blk