What's new

Hi. Sprint unlock code?

DavidP

Reaction score
Hi. My name is David. I have a Sprint Iphone 5 version 6.1.3.

Here is my story.
Got a call from Sprint telling me that they wont be servicing the area where I work.(Near Denver CO) So I can break my contract and move over to another carrier. I'm thinking Tmobile would be a good option for me. Sprint did the International unlock on my Phone and I also have some kind of unlock code they gave me but I don't know how to use it nor the steps to unlock it for a local carrier. I asked them about the steps and one agent told me that they do not unlock the phones for local carriers. Another one gave me the unlock code but not the steps. He just told me to take it to a tmobile store and that they would not what to do. I called Tmobile but they told me that Sprint has to do everything. Another one told me that once I cancel the contract they could help me but not a second before.

I just need to make sure that I unlock my phone before I go to Tmobile so that they can activate it properly Or make sure that Sprint will actually help me once I break the contact. Which Im not too sure about it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!