What's new

Hi All

Stannislaus

Reaction score
New member reporting for duty. I just got my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.1 factory installed, to my great displeasure) from the US but I'm working in China at the moment so I need an unlock to use on China Mobile.

After much browsing for unlock info, I have come across this forum and the Comprehensive JB/Unlock thread for 4.1 which has answered most of my questions. That being said, I still have a couple technical questions to which I could not really find good answers. I have limited programming and relevant tech experience so my questions are pretty newbie.

1. I understand the SHAtter exploit is staying mostly under wraps until they iron out the final details. However, I read that this exploit depends on the bootrom version installed on each iPhone. Is it possible/confirmed that Apple has updated the bootrom in order to prevent this on the newest phones? I would be sorely disappointed to find out my iPhone could not make use of this.

2. I understand that baseband is the firmware used on the modem installed on the iPhone. How does this relate to the unlock process? Is unlocking a new baseband version any more difficult than previous ones, or is it just a matter of time?

3. In the past, how long after JB is released do unlocks normally work/get released? I'm trying to get a sense of the timeframe for use of my new iPhone.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Stannislaus

hi,
i am new to this forum,
i think i can learn a lot in this forum,
thanks......